Home Network Problems

bookie32

Hi guys!

I don't understand the problem I am having?!! I have several Windows 7 computers on the same home network, but can't access one from the other.

I have my main computer and my business computer.

On the main computer I can get access and share files with the business computer. On the business computer I can't get access to the main computer and it asks for a password to the domain it is on?!

Why should the business computer think that the main computer is part of a domain?

Both are on the same network!

A window pops up for the user name, password to a domain I have but the computer in question isn't a part of it?. In the network window it shows the main computer as part of home network. It is like a contradiction in terms.....

Has anyone got any ideas on this, please!

bookie32

The best way to do it is create an account with a username and password on the main computer. On the business computer try using maincomputername\username and the password to connect.

So if the main computer is named PC1 and the business computer is names PC2, create a user on PC1 and from PC2 login using PC1\username. That should work. Since the main PC isn't on a domain just use the computer name instead.

Hi guys :hello:

Thanks for coming by...

Tripredacus

No it wasn''t ever part of a domain..

cyberpyr8

Well, on the business computer I had a password....dont't know why...lol. I removed that and rebooted and then for some reason I could access my main computer?!

Anyway, it seems to be OK at the moment, but I will keep an eye on it and see what happens..

Thanks again for your time!

bookie32