SATA DRIVERS FOR ACER ASPIRE M5641

thanksvinz

Hi Good day everyone. I do not have any idea where to start, so i decided to make an account in here and gather infos about downgrading my

ACER ASPIRE m5641

model MCP73PV

chipset NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

to windows xp for i prefer using this os rather than 7 but unfortunately none :) . Here's what i really want.

I do KNOW now how to slipstream SATA drivers to my win xp cd. "BUT" still i got this annoying BSOD. i think i do not have the appropriate SATA driver for my unit. Please help me regarding this topic. TIA! Godbless us!

and if you have any other suggestion kindly please tell me. i'll bookmark this one thanks!

And have you tried to install a driver for the sound? Do you have a installation disc of any kind? Have you tried to look for drivers from the manufacturer's web site? What have you done besides post here and at the nvidia forums asking what to do even though you say you KNOW how to slipstream drivers? Have you tried Google? What have you done?

When I tried to Google "acer drivers", I was directed here - http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers, which wasn't too helpful since when I pulled up ASPIRE m5641 it indicated that they were only providing drivers for Vista and Win7. But have you tried to simply update the driver through Device Manager and let it search Windows Update and see if MS already has a device driver on file?

So before any of us here help you any further, help yourself and tell us what you've tried and your results. We'll then be glad to offer any other suggestions we might think of.

And just out of curiosity, what did you do to be able to install XP? That might give us a further clue.

Cheers and Regards

EDIT - If Windows Update and the motherboard manufacturer's site (Acer) isn't any help for a driver for XP, then once you find out the exact sound chip that's in your system based on using the tool that Ponch suggested, you can try getting an XP driver from the chip manufacturer's site (Realtek or whatever).

Edited by bphlpt

Google XP drivers CD. You can download an ISO for free. It contains virtually ALL universal XP drivers. You can point your sound device to the CD in Device Manager and it will search and install automatically. Then you can use windows update for the most recent driver.