Homemade DriverPack Slipstream Issues

Hi:

I made my own driver packs or at least I made an attempt to do so because someone said it's better to use the manufacturers official drivers.

My MSI motherboard consist of 8 drivers that I downloaded from the official website. They are the following:

1. Intel Management Engine Driver for P67H67

2. Intel Rapid Storage Floppy Driver (F6)

3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

4. Intel SandyBridge Chipset Driver

5. Intel TPM Device Driver

6. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

7. Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Drivers

8. Renesas USB3.0 Drivers

Well, as I used the DPbase tutorial I found online where it explains how to use the DPBase step by step. The problem I had was that it doesn't really give you any directions on how to install the third-party drivers. Yes, it does tell you that you are supposed to put the third-party drivers into a specific folder which I did but for the most part it assumes that you are going to be using drivers from Drivers.net which I wasn't. So, I had to keep going back and forth through the various screens until I figured out what's what or so I thought.

I did a test drive using VMware virtual machine. I noticed that after the OS was installed and while all my CAB files were being installed that this box popped up on the screen saying something about drivers and it looked like they were being unzipped. So, I was thinking "Hey...this is cool it's really working". Boy, was I wrong. :( It turns out that the drivers that should have installed in the Window/drivers folder were instead placed in the C:/ drive(See attachment below).

DriverPack Mistake 1

DriverPackMistake.jpg

DriverPack Mistake2

DriverPackMistake2.jpg

Obviously, I did something wrong. When the tutorial says that you are supposed to slipstream the drivers into the i386 folder I was thinking that it meant that you just click on the folder where the OS files were. I am guessing that the tutorial meant exactly what it said that I should have specifically chosen the i386 folder to slipstream the drivers into. That's what I get for not following directions right? :( I think the other mistake I made was that I had spaces in a few of the file(folder etc.) names but I'm not sure.

There is also another issue I'm having with it comes to installing drivers. Sometimes the drivers DON'T have INF files. In this instance that would be #3 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and #8 Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers, they both consist of .EXE files(See attachments) and so I was wondering how am I supposed to install drivers when they're .EXE files??? Do I just ignore those and concentrate on the drivers that have .INF files or is there a way to install drivers that are .EXE files.

Renesas USB 3.0

NonINFFiles1-RenesasUSB3.jpg

IntelRapidStorageDriver

NonINFFiles2-IntelRapidStorageDriver1.jpg

Basically, the whole point for me slipstream the drivers for the MSI-P67A-C43 motherboard so I can avoid having to pop the driver disc into the drive when installing the OS as that never seems to work out for me for whatever reason. I hit the F6 key and it's as if I'm not hitting that key at all because things keep moving along so I would like to avoid that by slipstreaming the drivers into the OS disc from the get-go.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

My MSI motherboard consist of 8 drivers that I downloaded from the official website. They are the following:

You can get to all of these drivers using WinRar with the exception of the Intel Chipset. In order to get that one, I will install it on a PC. When it installs, it will extract the drivers out and put them in a temp folder. The ones you will probably need are in the folder called "ALL" however if you install it on an XP system you can check the log file to see which ones it uses. MSI is usually a couple versions behind, you may want to get the 1030 Chipset driver from Intel.com. You can find it by looking for drivers of any 6 series board in the download section.

Why don't you just use nLite and add the drivers individually? As for the exes, you can try Universal Extractor.

Hi -X-:

I tried universal extractor on the .exe files and it didn't work.

I am using Nlite but it's such a long and tedious process having to open one folder after another and add the files one at a time. Yes, I know you're supposed to be able to use the "multiple"driver feature but either I'm doing something wrong or that feature is broken because it doesn't work for me. Every time I attempt to use the "multiple drive" feature I still am only able to install one driver at a time. Thus my desire to make driver-packs that I will be able to install all in one shot or at least less time consuming fashion.

Edited by lapetite66

You can get to all of these drivers using WinRar with the exception of the Intel Chipset. In order to get that one, I will install it on a PC. When it installs, it will extract the drivers out and put them in a temp folder. The ones you will probably need are in the folder called "ALL" however if you install it on an XP system you can check the log file to see which ones it uses. MSI is usually a couple versions behind, you may want to get the 1030 Chipset driver from Intel.com. You can find it by looking for drivers of any 6 series board in the download section.

Hi Tripredacus:

The only drivers that I can't access are #3 and #8 because they are exe files. The chipset drivers are no problem as they have .INF files.

Thank you for the information about the 1030 Intel chipset. Um...how do I extract the inf files?

Can I turn the .exe files into 7z files using 7zip?

Edited by lapetite66

Hi Tripredacus:

The only drivers that I can't access are #3 and #8 because they are exe files. The chipset drivers are no problem as they have .INF files.

Thank you for the information about the 1030 Intel chipset. Um...how do I extract the inf files?

Can I turn the .exe files into 7z files using 7zip?

#3 is a program. You should not try to slipstream its driver in, instead install this program. It should give you the HD monitor when your drive type is set to AHCI or RAID. Do not use it if your drive type is IDE, since sometimes the program will crash.

For the USB3 driver, grab this: USB3 Renesas from Intel. Extract the EXE with WinRar. In the Files folder, there are the x86 and x64 folder. Inside are the driver files you need. Make sure to use both the 'hub' and 'xhc' INFs because after the drivers for the controller are installed, a "Hub" device will appear and be flagged. As you can tell, I made that mistake already. :)

As I said for the Intel Chipset, install it on something. Then there will be a C:\Intel\logs folder. In there is a log file that shows what it installs. Most importantly, it tells you where it extracts the driver files. Someplace near the top is going to be:

[EnumDev]
[GetDrivers]
[Find INFs]
Found INF = C:\Users\LIOKAI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\IPMx2\All\5000XZVP.inf

Hello there drivers! of course you'll probably just need to grab the "All" folder. Its really the easiest way to get the files, and updating a chipset driver on some random PC isn't too bad either. :rolleyes: