Error Message Installing One Piece Post SP3 Pack

lapetite66

Hi:

Yesterday I was attempting to slipstream OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v5.0.0_ENU. into my Windows XP Pro SP3 dics and everything seemed to be going fine until I got the following error messages. I guess I should mention that I was also attempting to integrate the onepiece_repair_ie8_cosmetic_problems_addon at the same time. Did that cause the problem?

Onepieceerrormessage1.jpg

Onepieceerrormessage2.jpg

Onepieceerrormessage3.jpg

I then download a fresh copy of One Pieces Post Update pack and then I attempted to install it just by itself, without the onepiece_repair_ie8_cosmetic_problems_addon. Just like before everything seemed to be going peachy and then I got this error message.

Onepieceerrormessage4.jpg

I also got a message from nlite about trying to correct the problem so I clicked yes and the integration finished. My question is will this integration be viable or should I just use a fresh installation and the integration process over?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Is your "Windows XP Pro SP3" disc an original ?

+Please attach (not paste) your "Last session.ini" file that you can find in the resulting folder.

Hi Ponch:

Yes, I have the original copy of the XP Pro SP3. However, I prefer to keep my original in mint shape and so prefer to use the copies made of/from them when reformating etc.

Here is the attachment you requested.

Last Session.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\T\My Documents\Software\Windows XP Important Files\Slip Stream Updates & Hotfixes\Post SP3 Update Packs & Hotfix Verification Tool(various)2\One Piece Post SP3 Update Pack\OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v5.0.0_ENU.7z

Shorten the path. Like C:\OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v5.0.0_ENU.7z

Please report back.

Edited by -X-

C:\Documents and Settings\T\My Documents\Software\Windows XP Important Files\Slip Stream Updates & Hotfixes\Post SP3 Update Packs & Hotfix Verification Tool(various)2\One Piece Post SP3 Update Pack\OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v5.0.0_ENU.7z

Shorten the path. Like C:\OnePiece_Windows_XP_Post-SP3_UpdatePack_v5.0.0_ENU.7z

Please report back.

X:

Shorten the path?

I am assuming that you are referring to the folder within folder situation. I will try to make a new path and see how that works. I read somewhere else about turning off my Anti-virus while integrating the pack. I really don't like doing that but I tried it and it did work. I will do another test run using your suggestion and let you know how that works out.

Thanks,

X:

I made a folder on my desktop called "Slipstream Files" and copied all the files that I would l need into into it. One Piece's Post SP3 pack was one of them proceeded with the test and everything integrated perfectly without any errors at all.

Such a simple solution I almost feel a little idiotic that doing something like that never occurred to me. I am very happy and will follow the same protocol from now on. :yes: I even made a note to myself with your advice.

Thank you very much your suggestion saved me a MAJOR headache! :thumbup

I made a folder on my desktop called "Slipstream Files" and copied all the files that I would l need into into it.

Do not jump from one problem to an other. Putting files on the "desktop" has been known to give problems as well (but I think it was more in the "drivers integration" module, if I remember properly).

I made a folder on my desktop called "Slipstream Files" and copied all the files that I would l need into into it.

Do not jump from one problem to an other. Putting files on the "desktop" has been known to give problems as well (but I think it was more in the "drivers integration" module, if I remember properly).

Hi Ponch:

Thanks for your reply to my post.

I was going to reply to your message yesterday about your comment about putting files on the desktop. First, I wanted to test my theory(or what have you) as I didn't want to say that something worked if it didn't. So, I went back and added the rest of the files to my nlite compilation; the CAB files I made and last the drivers I wanted to incorporate.

As far as the drivers issue you mentioned, I believe I posed the question about when to incorporate them into the slipstream compilation and someone(I can't remember who) said it would be best to integrate the drivers/driver packs last. There were no problems integrating the CAB files nor the drivers.

Thanks,

The desktop location has caused problems for others in the past due to either the spaces in the path name and/or the length of the path, similar to the folder within folder problems you had earlier. I recognize that you are not having problems at the moment with both the location of your "Slipstream Files" folder and with your Anti-Virus running, and that's great, but in general it is advisable to have that "SlipFiles" folder, note no space in the shorter name, in the root of a drive, eg "D:\SlipFiles", and temporarily disable your Anti-Virus, after you have scanned all the files involved of course. Since all files have already been scanned and been declared "clean" there should not be any risk to speak of, especially if you have used the files involved before and/or gotten the files from a trusted source who has also used the files successfully. Not only will the shorter path with no spaces and no Anti-Virus running minimize the possibility of problems with your slipstreaming and integration efforts, but I think you will be surprised at how much quicker the process will be. At least I have found that to be true, but that will also depend on your system's capabilities. Oh, by the way, I was the one to suggest integrating the divers last.

Cheers and Regards

The desktop location has caused problems for others in the past due to either the spaces in the path name and/or the length of the path, similar to the folder within folder problems you had earlier.

I was not referring to spaces in paths or names that are too long, as indeed this has been pointed to in this thread already, I guess Lapetite66 got the message. I was writing about people having issues putting drivers on the desktop for integration by nLite. I can't remember whether the problem was showing only when selecting "Integrate more drivers" or if the cause was unzipping files directly to the Desktop before operation, but some have ended with a whole bunch of files from the desktop in their iso, including some from the Recycle Bin. Can't find an example right now.

Regardless of the reason, it is "safer", ie less likely to cause problems, to put your "SlipFiles" folder at the root rather than on the desktop, especially if you are choosing to use nLite. Remember, nLite has not been updated in years and will most likely never be updated again.

Cheers and Regards

LOL Absolutely! You are indeed correct. No offense was meant in any way whatsoever. Sorry if there was any confusion. My comment was meant for the the OP's benefit. Thank you for adding another reason for not having the "SlipFiles" folder on the desktop.

Cheers and Regards

bphlpt Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

The desktop location has caused problems for others in the past due to either the spaces in the path name and/or the length of the path, similar to the folder within folder problems you had earlier. I recognize that you are not having problems at the moment with both the location of your "Slipstream Files" folder and with your Anti-Virus running, and that's great, but in general it is advisable to have that "SlipFiles" folder, note no space in the shorter name, in the root of a drive, eg "D:\SlipFiles", and temporarily disable your Anti-Virus, after you have scanned all the files involved of course. Since all files have already been scanned and been declared "clean" there should not be any risk to speak of, especially if you have used the files involved before and/or gotten the files from a trusted source who has also used the files successfully. Not only will the shorter path with no spaces and no Anti-Virus running minimize the possibility of problems with your slipstreaming and integration efforts, but I think you will be surprised at how much quicker the process will be. At least I have found that to be true, but that will also depend on your system's capabilities. Oh, by the way, I was the one to suggest integrating the divers last.

Cheers and Regards

Okay bphlpt, so it was you that suggested doing the drivers last. Thanks again. :)

Ponch Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:57 PM
View Postbphlpt, on 08 October 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

The desktop location has caused problems for others in the past due to either the spaces in the path name and/or the length of the path, similar to the folder within folder problems you had earlier.

I was not referring to spaces in paths or names that are too long, as indeed this has been pointed to in this thread already, I guess Lapetite66 got the message. I was writing about people having issues putting drivers on the desktop for integration by nLite. I can't remember whether the problem was showing only when selecting "Integrate more drivers" or if the cause was unzipping files directly to the Desktop before operation, but some have ended with a whole bunch of files from the desktop in their iso, including some from the Recycle Bin. Can't find an example right now.

Hi bphlpt and Ponch:

I was going to say that I didn't have any spaces in my path name but I was wrong. It was Desktop/Slipstream Files. I changed it to Desktop/Slipstream-Files is that okay or should I just go with Desktop/SlipstreamFiles?

bphlpt but in general it is advisable to have that "SlipFiles" folder, note no space in the shorter name, in the root of a drive, eg "D:\SlipFiles"
" So, you're saying that I should have left the folder where it was but just make it a shorter route for example;

a)My Documents/Slipstream-Files

b)C:/Slipstream-Files

bphlpt I followed your advice. There were some issues :( but not because of anything you said. I will be making a post for that after replying to this message.

Once again I would like to thank any and all who took the time to respond to my questions; -X-, Ponch, and bphlpt, believe me it is very much appreciated. :D