Unsigned drivers during setup

Is there a way to force setup to install unsigned drivers? I am trying to install a driver for fingerprint reading software with firstlogoncommands, but it pops up a warning, which kills the purpose of unattended installation. Does anyone know a way around this please?

Yes you can disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

I have two notebooks that the "unsigned driver" screen comes up in 32bit. In 64bit the device does not even install, but we can't disable that option for our installs. So there is some manual steps for the techs to do for those two systems.

You can install unsigned device drivers, but automating it (due to the warning about unsigned drivers, even with signing enforcement off) isn't really easy. Plus, permanently disabling driver signature enforcement puts the system in test mode, which will result in lots of reminders all over the desktop and elsewhere that you've gone into test mode (yes, you can get around this too, but I think you may start to see the trend I'm describing here).

You could, however, install the software and drivers into your image pre-capture, and use the PersistAllDeviceInstalls parameter in your unattend xml to keep them there post-install. It's not as manageable, but it works. You'd still need to disable enforcement entirely on x64 to get them to load, so hopefully you're only using this on x86 (where you don't have to go into test mode to get unsigned drivers to work..........).

The second approach is probably a good way around this as the driver is related to an application that's not under any development whatsoever anymore, so it's kind of safe to put it right into the "base" image. Thanks.