5ooGB Seagate HDD not detected in BIOS

HI,

I have a peculiar problem. My PC is a MSI G31TMP21 Motherboard and Processor Intel P4 3.0 GHz., 2 GB RAM. My motherboard does not detect the 500 GB Seagate HDD. I have two HDD's installed in my system. One is 80 GB IDE drive and the second is 500GB Seagate SATA. My IDE drive works fine but my SATA is not detected by my PC. Previously it used to be detected. I am running Win 7 x86.

Pls help and thanx in advance.

HI,

I have a peculiar problem. My PC is a MSI G31TMP21 Motherboard and Processor Intel P4 3.0 GHz., 2 GB RAM. My motherboard does not detect the 500 GB Seagate HDD. I have two HDD's installed in my system. One is 80 GB IDE drive and the second is 500GB Seagate SATA. My IDE drive works fine but my SATA is not detected by my PC. Previously it used to be detected. I am running Win 7 x86.

Pls help and thanx in advance.

If the 500 GB SATA seagate is a 7200.11 is not that peculiar as a problem, as at least several thousands of people experienced the same.

It may be the error that in jargon is called BSY or "BUSY" state.

The OS you are running is not relevant, the BIOS comes into play to detect hardware long before the OS is booted/loaded.

Check the exact model of your drive and if it is a 7200.11 go back to the forum:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/169-hard-drive-and-removable-media-issues/

and read the stickies.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz