Cntinual updates after insatll

savak

Hi all

I have succesfully slipstreamed XP Professional and SP3 into an unattended install CD complete with regional settings.

However after a reinstall of XP, using the slipstreamed CD, XP wants to repeatedly install upates from Microsoft. I cannot recall if I included the option of including Hotfixes in the slipstreaming process.

Short of turning off updates (daft idea I know) how can I tell XP not to resintall already installed updates?

Thanks

Any error codes? You can click on the details link and follow along till you get to the download page for the update and install it manually. Sometimes you need a /o switch (overwrite oem) to force a troublesome update.

I cannot recall if I included the option of including Hotfixes in the slipstreaming

Look in the root of your CD. There should be a last session.ini.

RIght enought there is one, can you interpret it for me !!!

"ï­ÅÀ©FŠç“ás‹—¡EØ0M}1”¬«T?Q9B"Žt‘Ë–a‘= —"(÷\–’Haáø£{g×~S‚I­¡•!ÐÊ__][EÇ¡(³È¾Èa&ÒæÁ#ƒáˆm†À<sÖ˜Eè3¤%XR#oŒæ°1á6Êh$¤S·­ú(eé…‘Ÿ3YNVßù8<’wN™üØkˆYBöSIy²á"„ƺ*þ|Ägǧ¼U™6/ã”ͽ¾fÛiÑ”ìw/¼èŸöÔ>²5dÙQ¡5Xóÿ¦ àÖãkDµ<Ï(:Ò­'à0ž~Ï2'÷Nªüüj:ó±£ÑU•Îc#:FnÓ^–¥›Vºé#'Â`tZ&À¨

wD‘;1Å÷CåÅÂužá6öCÅø9‘SeÞy9,SÉÁ$„c°mÒä²­È»Q…£÷׃Ùê 8(¯&¿[µôÞÙi}QUs„ä«^Ѳ•DK<ùFTòP˜…!ÚöØà¬ÂÒõZf zÄ?X$,Î,ŠÂþœ¨’ò{s9Çã%²¤!µK§~i{„w]΂­^ò=MfT¡Én+r¸l0Ãö¬…8yÁ»Ï2Ü\ãv¥ÑCÝÑæÎIB­dWvå™<tJ˜}¥?øà{ÉÞgª†|ñËàP%¼×—³˜˜øÇ ÑŸÓ+pïÆßñÖñFNm.›“$òCM9leÀ¡—fgÊV+-+Av¶oE¨ÿ¥f,Yt¾›ˆÁ(8Û©Oåê÷¹³oj@=† Þ'ã©XÑãV‡0»÷þŽD'¾=|Ÿ\|úbRdFê_™ˆ%ƒ1‚ø¯ØWL»w8FðÎÛ$ôЩPxÖ¤Ô‡‹­ªš2ò„V×>0‰ê2g\}WÊì¡Wï|„j×.±Œœôùk¡h&öhvžuþÑ•SLµ‡ÈŸ©bn ì+¯;QBE¼DÊÞôMµ8

¥ÝÑ_·æM7ZÜc¸c..r<žß<;‚âãrûãÆ7j@— Eþ±

ÿµ&[ÏSÍæf¼uqØëÂ}}ÌñPþx¤8ÏáÂyÒK>í•ü&¢,4)#$r²p»/‹+Í>Í”rLP)fO¯:ö­‰ì†ÃE6>ò-U

%?µ§G–ç-/é ÝóÕÐ:´©­­ÅïÄE˜LC¿íªƒn¾7P£wG¯?*uª´ø—Ý[.©sèZï"#`‚Dk—Ý$N]­¡VãÎ6¬ï מu_Ñ…f9´b

üb$i‚b.t:FöÇêÏI§”Nzhœr°&aß“òµ©;rÜWqi˜b²£Ëæß5„aO(ˆGñ.»œîι.Mûk(üqÆ',~¬ƒËã_ÚÆ -³öY¼­4r’Àq Ä…2;ø¼"¦r3ˆ´Œô›»(Åšëÿ~µwÔ.i€þ‡Å¥øwÀD"°a>4 ÏÍ¢ÈÞßlàîôVàKúšÔÖžÕÍ®¤¸ß¿²Ù„É.u¿©·–

ÅòÓDvÕìóšC+*O6&ºê‰‰OÇ$9SÎçþ0ÙÜÇy¤¿Et¦a꧉ûKŸ%Sõ ¿Ëzz—úï(’mD.@²úÞ}Æ©Ø,²º$»­ZOýãX†%ÈìàÓ(ßJ”ãS§©¦Ò`ñ({˜×¶è´Âºëâ=7'¨°ï²¼yÍËßß è\o’ÜoÜèÓ[½x{4n

³)jÓû¾þ©G·>T>©{ °œxzôåRHÆõ&óBM

ez2£©H4¼C’ŽI®B>Õ@˜YeÀóÖþ|ûTÂBGç̱bÁñ1™zðD ußÂGò©#ž ºÚªM˜ tA_t®"ãÉ)bjÚ

Yte—

ÄÛiù¨ˆ¹6Ï€ˆkÝ­óp¡2¬(M

Ëe!—Q^—{©VHŸE2lmGeûËíó?3©q9@Dö‰¤~âãZt½–™ýÒµçí“ŽõqðÁ ,„¯r’]•€þ%Ó>°4'¼ŸÀÂFý„å>À48äIR¦f󧑉œOÍù øÚ´‹F\ÕLÔÕ*¿y0ËpÔ•+[b(À¿o+­¢ÕJ¦ŒFvÌàðô?{¨OÕø8mHb/õEÁ3÷ĹlúØÄ•É 28¨’,á×ö,ž½ÜaÂýËO*Üzù±#.Èzªêø†)¾Ý2PE‰;‚°ƒY½%iÙ¨gý„Ô5‘»êø¶@д'gËç<êÐòÍ<Ãñ­#@/Ì6ìCv‹¦‚©­{ØSç±X=?óÍÜ*ÅŸ÷ÿD

謯

­Çs襦X0 ÷+Òá{ðmOà ¯!VüF!

;ÈBA-,Ýñ±9l9‘qŒÓ¡ô1VMçeDæxcÜWBeÜRÏBU”}_­ÇHbÓÆE¿›|ìT!Í–“Ü,’¥Â$0`©Ê³Êè]ÚTîTÄ{ÉCÇξ]»üæ,Ð}bå’y‚*áªdHŽq¿9taý–!<ÊȃӚ^}!Ò4¯Þ<ä¾WÙÖ7×#¿SåŽ

âf#FV

CǃÈÁ¬#9ƒXø-F/‚EÆÑ64‹ºðšhc‹.;FsTï>äøN®¡2ü2,g(2<kÊRÉXZÞ¹_0Žó™¨H›Îj,‡ «,ñîìô˜ËŒ"