Windows Server 2003 nLite

jacuzi

Okay, here is my problem:

I have Dell M710HD server with Brocade mezzanine FCoE -adapter

I need to install Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition 32bit

Server needs to boot from LAN so I downloaded the DUD (driver update disk) from Brocade site (tried the newest and second newest drivers).

First I tried to add the drivers from USB floppy drive in the beginning of the Windows 2003 Server installation (F6) but it always stated that the file is corrupted.

Then I read about nLite and slipstreamed the drivers to Windows ISO file and tried that, I still got the same error: file is corrupted.

Then I read that sometimes when slipstreaming you should also slipstream Service Pack 2 so I did that too.

Now the installation went smoothly without any errors all the way where it stated that no mass storage hardware was found.

I pressed S and picked the Brocade DUD driver and after that I only get the screen that is shown as attachment:

""""

Insert CD labeled:

Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition Setup Disk #4

into your CD-ROM drive.

Press ENTER when ready.

""""

Any help?

What would be that disk #4 the installation is asking?

I am sure I have not labeled the ISO in that way.

post-329964-0-94676700-1312797562_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with TXTSETUP (or LAYOUT) but might also be your driver INF.

I need more detail. Specifically, I need to see the driver's INF file. Send it to me via PM so I can look at it. Then we can go from there. All source disk entries in TXTSETUP and LAYOUT should be changed to 1 anyway, and the _x should of course be removed from all of the file entries. That will eliminate this error during other circumstances.