Installing apps through setupcomplete.cmd

I intend to install a few small apps during setupcomplete.cmd phase based on user input (I am trying to create universal image for all 3 main departments of our customer. Each is using a few different apps.), but need a bit of help. I want to include the source files on the DVD, but not sure how to pass it to the batch file. Is there any variable for the source drive during Windows setup? Or is specific drive letter always assigned?

Well this is quite good for other things too. Will experiment. Does the variable get carried over through whole setup? Or what's the last stage I can use it?

Are you saying I should create another batch file with the choices which would be ran from setupcomplete btw? That doesn't sound all that awkward considering I can't think of any solution myself.

No only used right at that point, may stay till reboot

I tried 2nd cmd file and couldn't even see it so was hung on Choice. I do see exe, msi flashing up

I meant autoit script compile to exe. I never wrote one with a choice menu

I am looking at the synchronous command option, but not really sure what is the major difference between running them in specialize and oobe phase. Which one is better (if I can use both for this purpose) and why? Also, I will be doing this on syspreped image with copyprofile set to true. If I install stuff this way, will it be for all users?

Answer to myself: impossible to install anything that needs to write in user folder until a user is logged on. It was logical but I had to try anyway. Eset antivirus installed fine from a command ran in oobe phase though. Guess I will have to learn and use the **** firstlogon stuff. Kinda curious if it would run for every user that logs on.

Answer to myself: impossible to install anything that needs to write in user folder until a user is logged on. It was logical but I had to try anyway. Eset antivirus installed fine from a command ran in oobe phase though. Guess I will have to learn and use the **** firstlogon stuff. Kinda curious if it would run for every user that logs on.

We have been through this many times. Can't install some things if they are User specific till a user logs on.

Only other alternate is use Audituser pass and log that user on and install. But you have 3 different clients so would have to do 3 diff images.

Someone used a script here somewhere where certain criteria are met then A happens otherwise B happens using Firstlogon I think. Don't remember where that is at. Might have worked off IP address as I was showing you in a post

Edited by maxXPsoft