Temporary Fonts in IE8 ?

Hello,

Lately I've been running more and more into a little warning box that pops up when I open a web page, warning me that, "This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed." Then it asks me if I want these fonts to be installed. (See the attachment.)

post-287775-0-40132200-1311879482_thumb.

I know why I get this box -- I have the "download fonts" option in the Security tab set to "Prompt." But a couple of questions:

1. What are these fonts? Why don't they just use already existing fonts (or, alternatively, why aren't these fonts already included so they don't have to be downloaded over and over again)?

2. The warning says that these fonts are "usually" safe. Hmm... Could there be a security risk in allowing these fonts to be installed? I never say "Yes."

Thanks for any insights you might offer.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA

Its usually a bad practice to build a website like this. The reason you are getting this is because there are fonts on the webserver and the page's styles say to use those. Unfortunately, a client browser can't use those fonts without installing them. :(

I'd choose the NO option and email the webmaster and complain about it. :ph34r:

Its usually a bad practice to build a website like this. The reason you are getting this is because there are fonts on the webserver and the page's styles say to use those. Unfortunately, a client browser can't use those fonts without installing them. :(

Thanks for the scoop, Tripredacus.

I'd choose the NO option and email the webmaster and complain about it. :ph34r:

Will do. I'll let you know if anybody gets back to me... :whistle:

--JorgeA