Javascript and ActiveX not working

ericore

"Your current securit settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page ma not display correctly." (Foxit Reader 5.0.2.0718)

"Please activate JavaScript in Internet Explorer" (SysTracer 2.4)

Note: Java 6 u 26 is installed.

Attempted Solutions include manually resetting IE settings to defaults, and running "MicrosoftFixit.IEPerformance.Run.exe".

Neither fixed anything. Note: Java, JavaScript and ActiveX work in Internet Explorer.

I am running Windows XP SP3; latest updates.

The only funny business I could detect with b2knet.com It indicated I had browser java version 1.3, both for Chrome and IE.

Note, I did update msjava since some programs require it and the version included in XP is not the latest one. Perhaps it (said site) is pointing to that.

Yet when I run games, of course, the java launcher takes precedence and loads Java 6 u 26. That's my theory anyways.

www.b2knet.com/

Your browsers Java version is: 1.3 || Java enabled: Yes!

Verified Java was properly installed via sun.com

As for ActiveX, I know it's working because for example, I can run the ActiveX genuine checker; and of course it passes.

I should note, additionally, that I have verified that scripting is enabled in every way in Internet Explorer.

Edited by ericore

OK thats not the problem...I thought it had read only attributes "R" but its fine

This is where some activex files are downloaded and if its read only this will cause it to fail (java controls also install to this folder)

Edited by ricktendo64

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed both problems, Java script one had to do with a registry tweak alleging to prevent web sites from spying on internet explorer. It is pretty wide spread.

I can't recall what solved the ActiveX issue, but I suspect with it was another tweak.