Reverse Integration Guide?

hello again.

I finally finished my unattended DVD but it takes too long to install some apps like .NET 4 and DirectX, so Im looking for find a complete (or almost) guide to do it with reverse integration method.

Theres a lot of Vista guides (which dont use VHD) and posts about this but none of them r complete and flawless.

Anybody can help me with this?

Tks

Ok so you don't want to install your OS on actual machine rather want to use VHD or Virtual Machine?

Ok I am trying to explain it to you in short, see first of all you need to install your OS in the virtual machine and then install the applications and do all your customization once you are finished sysprep your OS with audit mode and reboot option, now delete the user account you have created during the installation (if you have created); if not, then use generalize option with shut down.

Once your VM OS shuts down use this application to convert VM files to VHD;

https://rapidshare.com/files/460416791/Vmdk2Vhd-1.0.13.rar

after converting it to VHD, attach this VHD and then use imagex or Gimagex to capture your Install.wim.

Its all done mate, not just replace your old Install.wim with this one.

Enjoy......

Edited by nice_guy75

I use this script during setup put it on your C:\ drive (it creates a 20GB partition you can change that)

create vdisk file=C:\SysPrep.vhd maximum=20480
select vdisk file=C:\SysPrep.vhd
attach vdisk
exit

When you get to the part where you chose what disk to install to launch the CMD with SHIFT+F10 and type

diskpart /s C:\<filename>.txt

Hit refresh and install Windows 7 ultimate to the VHD

When the install is finished and you get to the OOBE stage (where it asks you for a name) hit SHIFT+F3 to boot into audit mode

Install your software like you would normally do (its OK if you need to reboot)

Once you got everything installed, tick generalize and shutdow

Boot back into your main OS, delete/stop the VHD from booting by first typing this to get the GUID

bcdedit /v

Once you got the GUID of the VHD boot then you use this to delete it

bcdedit /delete <GUID-HERE-XXXX-ETC>

Edited by ricktendo64

Tks g

I installed Win 7 in a secondary partition, installed SP1 and all hotfixes, then I tried to clean SP1 backup files with both Dism and Disk Cleanup, which only pretended it was deleting the files.

So I generalized the system, came back to the main Windows partition, built the customized install.wim and tried to clean the previous files with "dism /image:F:\install.wim /Cleanup-Image /spsuperseded" - everything I got was error 267.

What I did wrong again? :(

==================

Guess I should have cleaned the offline Win before I built its image

Edited by Orsi

When we have captured our new image install.wim, we must mount this one inside a temp folder.

And we can use this command:

Dism /Image:"C:\Mounted_Folder" /Cleanup-Image /spsuperseded /hidesp

And when it's done we can: Unmount /Commit the image

Other help:

http://www.wincert.n...ed/page__st__80

http://blogs.technet...ice-pack-1.aspx

*Edit: when the image is cleaned we can't remove the SP1

Edited by myselfidem

I tried to run this command to cleanup sp1 files from my install.wim but I am getting this error:

Error: 0xc150003a

An error occurred while loading DISM. The DISM tool may be corrupt.

Try reinstalling DISM.

I am on windows 7 ultimate x64 and WAIK for vista, I also tried to export my wim with max compression this is what I am getting

ERROR: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WIM7070.tmp. [uncompress File: (seq. 60) -> CreateFile failed] [err = 5]

RETRY: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WIM7070.tmp [err = 0]

ERROR: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\WIM7070.tmp. [uncompress File: (seq. 60) -> CreateFile failed] [err = 5]

And most importantly I get new .tmp file everytime I tried to compress my wim

You need to install WAIK 3.0 for Windows 7!!

You must be talking about the dism command, ok I agreed. But as far as compressing the wim is concerned I have successfully compressed the wim in the past, why I am getting this error this time?

You are confusing between Imagex.exe and Dism.exe!

Not really mate, I don't use imagex, I was trying to compress the wim with gimagex. I have successfully compressed my wim with gimagex in the past as well, but this time I got that error.

And I always use WAIK for Vista only, and worked well for almost all the times, though this is the first time I tried dism.

Edited by nice_guy75

I have the same error if I use AIK for Vista using Dism!

Dism isn't include inside AIK for Vista!

It's needed to use WAIK for Windows 7 to clean the temp folders inside install.wim with SP1 installed and captured!!

*Edit: GImageX need imagex.exe and the other files to work correctly! The best way to use GImageX.exe is to set this one inside: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\ (select the OS you need : x86 or amd64!)

Explainations inside: GImageX.help (gimagex.chm)

And choose the GImageX.exe version x86 or amd64 needed.

Edited by myselfidem

*Edit: GImageX need imagex.exe and the other files to work correctly! The best way to use GImageX.exe is to set this one inside: C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\ (select the OS you need : x86 or amd64!)

Explainations inside: GImageX.help (gimagex.chm)

Yes mate I know, I have kept the gimagex in amd64 folder only. I have been using gimagex from last 20 months or so.

But you didn't address the error which I got during the compression.

Yes mate I know, I have kept the gimagex in amd64 folder only. I have been using gimagex from last 20 months or so.

But you didn't address the error which I got during the compression.

If you have tried to use Dism with error using AIK for Vista and after tried to use gimagex.exe to compress the image, maybe now your image is corrupted!

And if the image is already compressed we do not must compress a new time!!

Edited by myselfidem

If you have tried to use Dism with error using AIK for Vista and after tried to use gimagex.exe to compress the image, maybe now your image is corrupted!

You are right, first I use dism command and then tried to compress my wim with gimagex, so you mean to say, dism command must have corrupted my wim?

Edit: Yes I know that mate, I capture my install.wim with fast compression so only I was trying to compress my install.wim, its was not already compressed.

Edited by nice_guy75