tomasz86

Do you want SP6?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want SP6?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • UR2 is enough.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/23/2017 at 02:16 AM

UURollup-v10 (ENU) is ready! Update Rollup 2 is ready too (only ENU version at the moment)!

Please see the first post for details.

I have also managed to set up a simple website:

http://www.windows2000.tk

I've tried to gather all information in one place. Please tell me if there is anything missing or if there are any errors on it.

• 3 weeks later...

UURollup-v10a is ready. All bugs reported in this topic have been fixed. No other changes have been done.

By the way, there's a new security bulletin today and many Win2k compatible updates have been released. I don't plan neither to modify the packages nor to add them to UURollup (as UURollup is final; only bugfixes may be released). If there's anyone willing to repack them for Win2k then feel free to do it :) I'm going to include them in USP5.2 later.

Edited by tomasz86

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

msxml6.dll and msxml3.dll from Windows 7 cannot be registred as well, because it requires "API-MS-WIN-CORE-LOCALREGISTRY-L1-1-0.DLL" to add registry information. So, when you slipstream msxml3 or msxml6 from Win7 to Win2000/XP/2003 distribution - you will get a nonworking msxml!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@tomasz86 please can i use your compatibility launcher in my project ?

your site http://www.windows2000.tk/

seems to be down . Thanks for github and waybackarchive mirror .  have you contacted your host ? I hope MS is not behind this .

one more thing , do your health is alright ? I am asking because you got some problems few months back .

Edited by Dibya

• 3 months later...
On 2017. 4. 2. at 1:15 AM, Dibya said:

@tomasz86 please can i use your compatibility launcher in my project ?

your site http://www.windows2000.tk/

seems to be down . Thanks for github and waybackarchive mirror .  have you contacted your host ? I hope MS is not behind this .

one more thing , do your health is alright ? I am asking because you got some problems few months back .

I have only read this post today.

No problem with using the launcher, although it really is just a very simple batch script that adds one entry to the registry :P. There is nothing special about it, although I am indeed happy that it has proved helpful for at least a few people. Also, if you actually understand what the script does, then I would in fact suggest not only using it as it is, but even updating it to make it more useful / less buggy.

Lastly, just for reference, my site is now available under http://tomasz86.com.

Edited by tomasz86

Hi together,
I am using W2K and SP4 since it was released and did not change much as it is running stable over all the years.
But today with the latest Firefox 12.0 browser (which is running there) I get more and more problems as many actual JavaScript-Apps are hanging or hiding important buttons.

Has anyone a recommendation what to do here with minimal impact on the system?
- Is there a browser which runs on W2K and supports actual JavaScript-Apps?
- What must be done (in a minimum) to install Firefox 54 successfully?

@tomasz86: I saw your complete W2K-update-universe (wow!). But I am not willing to install all this. Is there a simple path for people like me who want to change only the minimum? And what has to be done then?

Regards
Martin G

Edited by Martin G
nil