getting rid of Windows Version on the desktop

Kando

Hi, hope you can help me with this. I am trying to create an unattended iso and I worked out all the tweaks and settings except for one. I can't get the Windows version to stay off of the screen. I made 4 iso's and in each I unchecked the box that said to show the version on the desktop and each of them ended up with the version on the desktop!

CDR's are cheap and the computer is fast but this is just silly. Why is the version going to the desktop and how can I stop it?

Thanks

Look into changing the following registry entry: 1 enables, 0 disables.

.INF version:

HKCU,"Control Panel\Desktop","PaintDesktopVersion",0x10001,0

.CMD version

Reg.exe ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "PaintDesktopVersion" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

.REG version:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"PaintDesktopVersion"=dword:00000000

Why is the version going to the desktop and how can I stop it?

Let it default settings. If you do nothing on this option it'll be default settings. My settings bellow (for your kind attention) that I apply and I never see Windows version on desktop.

939cae0845.gif

That is exactly my problem. I leave the box UNCHECKED and the version, build and service pack information still shows up on the desktop. I can make the changes to the registry to fix it, but I was hoping to use this to help out with about 200 computers. Having to make that change on each would be very time consuming.

Out of all of the users of nLite in the world, I doubt that I am the only one that is not following the exact letter of the license. My apologies to the authors.

That being said the 200 computers could be the personal computers of a church congregation or the personal computers of my very large extended family. The problem still remains.

LOL

License:

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

PERSONAL!!! Church does not count as this.... Large extended family?? So you are making 200 disks with seperate license in each one???

GET REAL... You are insulting all of us here and deeply insulting nuhi with your attitude. You are like all of the warez users that claim they harm no-one with their activities.

I desperatly hope you get no further help here...........................................

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

1 - Your problem is impossible unless you have a "bad" version of nLite (works for me)

2 - I sincerely doubt the IT Manager/Director would allow the use of nLite for Corporate purposes

3 - Nonetheless, a "mass-rollout" of ... 200 Computers???

You'd have been better off keeping your "mouth" shut. ;)

Interesting... No response back then either...

Edited by submix8c

Matter of fact I do. Yeah, could have stayed quiet, gotten some sort of answer and been gone, but I am an honest sort of guy. Went back over the nliteos.com site and finally found the license, the last question on the contact page. Where did you find it?

Anyway, thanks for the answers, even if it only took 3 years.

License.TXT:

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

2. nLite can only be distributed electronically through the official host www.nliteos.com.

3. nLite is supplied "as-is". The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of nLite.

4. Import Restrictions. International users also check any import restrictions that your government may impose. Reread eula.txt in your Windows\System32 folder.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

6. MCDBNET2.dll is registered on me (the nLite author) with the royalty-free license and can be distributed only bundled with nLite.

7. nLite is a copyrighted material of Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product. You may not include the parts of nLite in your software without the author's permission. You may not alter or modify nLite in any way or create a new installer for it.

Copyright © 2004-2008, Dino Nuhagic (nuhi)

Might I suggest you leave it be while your ahead? A Church may be a "Gray area" I can't verify - that would be up to nuhi. IF Church=School, that's pushing it.

I say, "to be honest", stop quibbling. Be happy and SSHHH! You're pushing it, Sir...

Edited by submix8c