Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB not detected in BIOS

I have a problem with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 500GB.

It's suddenly become dead (not detected in BIOS).

Big help if anyone knows whether it is safe to do the steps mentioned in the post,

?

First you should find out if it is the drive or the enclosure. The Go Flex drive, if yours is like mine, has a removable base. This lets you:

1. Connect any SATA HDD to the base (which is basically a powered SATA to USB converter)

2. Connect the GoFlex drive (sans base of course) to the motherboard with standard SATA cables.

Also in my experience, these drives are kinda buggy when it comes to their USB connection. I have some PCs where they cannot ever detect the GoFlex drive but other drives work, and the GoFlex works on other systems.

First you should find out if it is the drive or the enclosure. The Go Flex drive, if yours is like mine, has a removable base. This lets you:

1. Connect any SATA HDD to the base (which is basically a powered SATA to USB converter)

2. Connect the GoFlex drive (sans base of course) to the motherboard with standard SATA cables.

Also in my experience, these drives are kinda buggy when it comes to their USB connection. I have some PCs where they cannot ever detect the GoFlex drive but other drives work, and the GoFlex works on other systems.

Thanks for your post..

But I tried it by changing the USB encloser and connected directly to SATA interfaces.

no result.

But I saw that when I plug the HDD to secondary SATA, the PC BIOS came after 2 to 3 minits delay and not showing the primary SATA HDD too.

I remove the cover and found 4 pin UART interface.

• 2 weeks later...

System detected my HDD after 10 days.

I perform several tests including seatools.

All test passed.

I backup all data and done a low level format with HDD wiped.

But it gets out of service time to time.

:no:

May be due to hardware failure.

I have used this drive long time in my Free Agent Home theater+

Thanks all for your posts.

:yes: