I want to multiboot USB (XP/MediaCenter/Vista/7 32&64 version...

ceez

Hey fellow MSFN'ers, long time no visit nor have I been following with the evolution of unattended nor USB boot disks for years now (I think as far back as xp sp3, so it's been a while!:))

As the subject reads, I want to have XPsp3, MediaCenter, Vista & 7 (heck even server 03/08 if possible) on a thumdrive and carry that around instead of my stash of CD's/DVD's.

I also know that I'll need a fairly large thumb drive, right now I have an 8gigs available but will up to 16gigs if possible. I also know that there's a file in the Win7 that I can modify so that the version of 7 that's installed depends on the serial key, this way I dont have to find OEMs for each flavor, does the same work with Vista?

If someone could guide me in the right direction it would be great. I found the following but donw know if that's still up to date or if there are better tools available to automate the entire process.

Thanks,

ceez

For multiple versions of XP/2003/MediaCentre/2000 use WinSetupFromUSB. Check the pinned topic. Read first post for multiple Vista/7/Server 2008:

...If looking for several Vista/Server 2008/7 sources in the same partition have a look here or if just for 7 or Vista here. The first ling would require you manually to put everything to the USB disk, if using the second you can point the program to the prepared AOI source.