win-x.co.cc Moved! New URL xdot.tk

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's just ridiculous! After comparing all of the available "downloads" set up by different members, yours appears to be correct. After nLite, the only thing showing was IE8, the Optionals, and a couple of Drivers.

Phishing? Malware Distribution? Spam? Seriously???

Every single file (except the "Add-Ons") comes directly from the Microsoft website and the Add-Ons are built directly from Microsoft components and have been repeatedly posted here and on other sites.

So :wacko: ! (HAHAHA! MS Software is Malware!!!!)

?What is the problem? I've seen nothing out-of-the-EULA-ordinary at all! (Aside from Add-Ons?)

BTW, thx! Test install "complete" (incl IE8) looks good. Just got to add Java, PDF Reader, and Security Essentials (a bear for silent, just about got it). Other "junk" (like MediaPlayer) not fooling with - waste of valuable time. Just the basics...

@ Sp0iLedBrAt - Thx, but I already have the latest download. That's not the problem. The problem is discussion for another topic. Specifically, the install immediately goes to MS Update to get the definitions files (NOT included in the Install package). My problem has been to "force" it to not do that and install the latest definitions (two packages) also via "silent" so it's "up-to-date as-of" and to change a couple of "options" (not an easy task since it "force starts" itself). If I ever get it figured out, I'll probably give the procedure somewhere. No "Full AddOn" is otherwise available.

Install on 1.3ghz Duron w/384mb RAM = approx. 10 minutes w/HiSpeed Cable! So much for "silent, quick, and deadly"!

P.S., at least with Symantec it's possible to integrate the latest AV defs w/the install! (What's up w/that, MS? OH, because of the Validation! Gotcha! ;) Sux for a VALID install tho!)

• 4 weeks later...

I finally figured out what the hell was going on with my URL being taken down.....Microsoft! All this time I thought it was a jerk from Neowin sending in bogus complaints.

I noticed I want getting any hits from Google and ran a search on the domain and at the bottom it said that one item was excluded from the search due to a DMCA complaint. It showed a cease and desist from MS to Google at Chilling Effects. I guess having those few add-ons that contain MS binaries was not cool with them.

I have now modified my batch script to download the files directly from MS and turn them into the add-ons.

Be warned. :whistle: