RAID volume healthy but empty

A co-worker of mine was having problems with reliability of his computer, using Windows 7 Pro x86 on an Intel DX58SO board. There were two volumes set up as:

RAID1 OS

RAID1 Storage

He went back to a previous Restore Point, and the Storage volume appears as healthy, shows its usage % but the folder appears empty. The current RST driver is installed.

Here is the view in My Computer. Yes I am not sure why System Reserved shows up with a drive letter! It is on the RAID1 OS. Also note how it does have files at least in the usage indicator.

yourcomputer.jpg

Of course you didn't believe me, but the drive is empty!

th_drive_empty.jpg

Another issue, in Disk Management, the OS volume DOES NOT show up. Only the second RAID1. Curious, it shows the System Reserved on the second RAID, but it was on the first RAID?

diskmanagement.jpg

:wacko:

What is the possible cause for this and how to be able to see the data?

Also I can't seem to find the RST software for this board yet, but the board level software shows that both RAID arrays are healthy.

I would make an offline raw backup image of one drive (by plugin it on another computer for example) and then try chkdsk /r on all those partitions and if this doesn't solve the problem try to recover the data partition with testdisk.

Interesting thing. It turns out that somehow every file and folder on that volume became hidden. I am backing it up right now in another system. However, it doesn't explain why the C doesn't show up in Disk Management.