Manual Install and Upgrade

LeppeRMessiaH

After slimming xp and making it perfect for personal use a while ago, it came through my mind that it would be easier to install from USB. Of course firstly I will test if it installs correctly with all the modifications but there's a problem. I removed "Manual Install and Upgrade" and usb installations require this feature.

The question is: What files does nLite remove and modify when this feature is eliminated and... Is there any way I can reintegrate it without starting over?

Just use the last session.ini located in the root of the CD to rebuild your ISO.

This is mainly for running systems when you want to add something back but I'll post it anyways.

I removed "Manual Install and Upgrade" and usb installations require this feature.

Check our "Install XP from USB" forum for alternative methods that do not use that.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't really find anything in the usb forum that specifies how to install without that component. Also, I used a similar method like in the video to track down the files and manually added them to the modified i386 folder (without editing txtsetup). I don't know if it works without editing files that specify what files should be copied because right now I can't make VMWare Workstation boot from usb. It's made with the latest Novicorp WinToFlash and it worked before with Seven and another version of XP with the component intact.

Later Edit: Installed PLoP boot manager. It sais "NTLDR is missing" so it seems it wasn't copied correctly. I'll make a backup and try to install it on my computer

Edit 2: Same thing.. So VMWare works correctly... there is a problem with the usb though

Edited by LeppeRMessiaH