Detect Motherboard

rickytheanuj

Hey, I am using an unknown motherboard with 3gb of ram, Intel pendium (D) 3.0 ghz processor with 2mb cache, 500gb of HDD and 512MB Nvidia gforce 9400GT graphic card it's working very well but now I want to replace my processor wit intel core 2 duo. But I don't know that if my motherboard does support that thing or not. Nothing is labeled there. What I know about my motherboard is that, it's a Intel 945 chipset motherboard rest of this is under dark side.

So to find out i used everest ultimate engineer but can't understand the report. So I am posting the report of everest ultimate, hope you guys can find it out that which motherboard am I using and does it support INTEL CORE 2 DUO processor or not. please have a look the attached snap and reply

thank you

post-134862-0-97642500-1298668299_thumb.

Edited by rickytheanuj

Speccy should be able to tell you the name of the board.

but you can see in my attached screenshot.. there's nothing , it says unknown.. but it doesn't matter wat or which brand of my motherboard is, i just want to know that does my motherboard support intel core 2 duo and work perfectly

Try Speccy as suggested by Tripredacus. It may give you more information.

From the screen shot you've provided we can see that it has an Intel 945GC northbridge and an ICH7 southbridge. Your northbridge should support a Core 2 Duo, but without knowing the make and model of the motherboard we can't know for certain if it will work.

Edited by 5eraph

Try Speccy as suggested by Tripredacus. It may give you more information.

From the screen shot you've provided we can see that it has an Intel 945GC northbridge and an ICH7 southbridge. Your northbridge should support a Core 2 Duo, but without knowing the make and model of the motherboard we can't know for certain if it will work.

Thank you.. thank you.. It feels so relief knowing that my motherboard does support core 2 duo.. And as per your suggestion i downloaded Speccy and got D report which i m attaching with this please have a look and help me saying what that report told.

post-134862-0-56102100-1298690575_thumb.

As recent core 2 duo socket 775 aren't supported without a bios update, you'll still need to find to the make and model of your motherboard if you want to buy a supported cpu. And unless you open the box and read it what is written it would be very dangerous to try a bios update without know the exact make and model.

Hold on, a mobo with a 945G(V) chipset could be limited to the voltage regulator, thus only supporting the 65nm CPUs and not the 45nm, so, opening the housing and look what is printed on the board with bigger characters would be the only way for now to know what and how. I'm sure a a 65nm CPU will work but best bang for the buck E3300 or E3400 at 45nm could not be supported by the VRM. And than we have the BIOS indeed...