Script used for Windows and Office activation info backup and restorin

post-21602-0-01139400-1362776128_thumb.j

2013-03-14

Added: license status check before backup

Added: prompt for saving product key of Office2013(if activated) in the Windows8/2012 backup scenario.

2013-03-09

Previous "LicRestore.cmd" now deprecated, the codes recently rewritten with the new script name "mslmgr.cmd", now supports NT6.1+(7,server08r2,8,server2012) and Office12+(2007,2010,2013), since new programming logic and folder structure have been involved, those who used to use the old script now need to redo the backup with the new one on an ACTIVATED running OS, sorry for the inconvenience.

Script supports on-screen interactive mode for both backing up and restoring operation and silent mode only for restoring, which needs running with administrative rights. In addition, it aims at working for multiple versions of products on diffferent computers (backup info stored in different folders alongside the script based on computer name/product name/version, while restoring the script itself can match the appropriate one).

Silent switches currently available are:

mslmgr.cmd rw (for restoring Windows activation)

mslmgr.cmd ro (for restoring Office activation)

Both the above are case-insensitive, sequence-independent, with no quotation marks.

IMPORTANT:

Since the activation info storing method for Office2013 has been changed on NT6.2 platforms(Win8 & Server2012), which now merged into the one for Windows, to prevent messing up, this script is by design not to support either backing up or restoring Office2013 activation directly on such platforms, but you can still accomplish these tasks by backing up/restoring Windows activation instead, in other words, to use the "rw" switch instead of "ro" if you intend to restore Office2013 activation on Win8/Server2012.

The script can be executed from "oobeSystem configuration pass | FristLogonCommands" to restore the activation info, here's the example

post-21602-0-34551900-1296898579_thumb.g

LicRestore.rar

mslmgr.rar

Please report me back if you find any issue, Cheers

Edited by Rico.JohnnY

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
how can use that on dvd iso???
The answer is in the Explanation/Picture in first post - during Install.

You have to FIRST have the Key and Activation Token Files from the FIRST time you Install and Activate. Get that stuff and create the Install DVD. The DVD is ONLY good for YOUR computer for a Reinstall, it does NOT 'auto-activate" OTHER computers.

Look also at this -

Edited by submix8c

• 4 months later...

attachicon.gif2013-3-9 4-54-53.jpg

2013-03-14

Added: license status check before backup

Added: prompt for saving product key of Office2013(if activated) in the Windows8/2012 backup scenario.

2013-03-09

Previous "LicRestore.cmd" now deprecated, the codes recently rewritten with the new script name "mslmgr.cmd", now supports NT6.1+(7,server08r2,8,server2012) and Office12+(2007,2010,2013), since new programming logic and folder structure have been involved, those who used to use the old script now need to redo the backup with the new one on an ACTIVATED running OS, sorry for the inconvenience.

Script supports on-screen interactive mode for both backing up and restoring operation and silent mode only for restoring, which needs running with administrative rights. In addition, it aims at working for multiple versions of products on diffferent computers (backup info stored in different folders alongside the script based on computer name/product name/version, while restoring the script itself can match the appropriate one).

Silent switches currently available are:

mslmgr.cmd rw (for restoring Windows activation)

mslmgr.cmd ro (for restoring Office activation)

Both the above are case-insensitive, sequence-independent, with no quotation marks.

IMPORTANT:

Since the activation info storing method for Office2013 has been changed on NT6.2 platforms(Win8 & Server2012), which now merged into the one for Windows, to prevent messing up, this script is by design not to support either backing up or restoring Office2013 activation directly on such platforms, but you can still accomplish these tasks by backing up/restoring Windows activation instead, in other words, to use the "rw" switch instead of "ro" if you intend to restore Office2013 activation on Win8/Server2012.

The script can be executed from "oobeSystem configuration pass | FristLogonCommands" to restore the activation info, here's the example

attachicon.gif2011-2-5 17-25-40.gif

attachicon.gifLicRestore.rar

attachicon.gifmslmgr.rar

Please report me back if you find any issue, Cheers

Thanks for nice tool, I´ll try it integrate to my autounattend.xml. If I´m getting it right, I´ll just change path and insert mslmgr.cmd rw instead of licrestore.cmd, right?

Thanks for your advice.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

this is really a great script you wrote.

I was wondering if this is also working with Windows 7 Enterprise? Since the Advanced Tokens Manager works, i thought this tool should too. However, it doesn't. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Unfortunatly I never did the activation with VAMT, so the activation is not saved. Then I used the Advanced Tokens Manager to back it up. Restoring works perfectly. Since the Machines get re-installed periodically, i wanted to use this function of the tokens.dat and the pkeyconfig file. Backing up works always. But the restoring never activates my machine. However, with Windows Professional it does work. Is there any fix to that?

kind regards,

Andreas