Drivers needed in USB Windows 7 install

MeIsMyName

When booting from a flash drive, with your installation on a partition that is not your primary partition on your flash drive, the windows 7 installation will prompt you for the location of usb drivers. These exist on the installation dvd, and I know this because windows was able to find the files when it searched the disc. Windows also doesn't ask for these when booting up off a drive made directly with this software, however I am attempting to take this software another step and allow for booting of multiple discs off of one large flash drive. The details of this plan will lie with me unless they are needed, but just know that I need to know what file windows is asking for in terms of drivers to access the flash drive for data. I welcome your response.

The details of this plan will lie with me unless they are needed, but just know that I need to know what file windows is asking for in terms of drivers to access the flash drive for data. I welcome your response.

Interesting approach - talking of a shared, publicly available for Free, program like WinSetupFromUSB with GUI is. :unsure:

However, your topic is NOT suitable to the present "WinSetupFromUSB with GUI" thread (already long and "containing everything" as it is) ad it's not really "specifically related" to the app.

If it's OK with you, I would split to a new topic your question as to keep everything "nice and tidy".

jaclaz

I should have stated that I am using this software as a base for actually installing windows. However the windows installer asks for drivers to access installation media (most likely a flash drive) and I am unable to find them. My best guess at this point is now that they are not on the disc, and windows is simply seeing new installation media when presented with an installation disc.

Topic split from the main WinsetupfromUSBwithGUI one.

Unfortunately I have no "best" (and not even "worse") guess. :(

Meaning that without some more detailed description I cannot understand what the problem is. :unsure:

It is not clear to me HOW you start the install, from WHICH source device, to WHICH target one, on which hardware, etc., etc.

You didn't even specify if you tried using the stable 0.2.3 version or the newish 1.0 beta.

Maybe, but it's a wild guess :blushing: it's something related with the "Removable" vs. "Fixed" status of the multipartitioned flash stick? :blink:

Can you start with the usual litany?

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

jaclaz

When booting from a flash drive, with your installation on a partition that is not your primary partition on your flash drive, the windows 7 installation will prompt you for the location of usb drivers.

allow for booting of multiple discs off of one large flash drive.

How do you intend to do this?

Do you like to use one partition still?

Do you like to use several partitions?

Did you created several partitions already?

Windows 7 find first partition at a "Removable" drive.

A driver can set this to a "Fixed" drive: all partitions available

Source code http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/soviet_direct_hooking.aspx

32 bit driver does work at Windows 7 32 bit PE.

Can you or another member compile a 64 bit version?