unattended ATI catalyst

biatche

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread!

However, I was fighting with an old "ATI graphic card X300 series" and I use this method to resolve the silent installation on Windows 7 OS:

- 1 - First: integrate drivers "ATI Catalyst Display Driver 9.3" inside install.wim image mounted

"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86\Servicing\Dism.exe" /Image:"C:\work" /Add-Driver /driver:"C:\Drivers" /ForceUnsigned /recurse

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products.

2 - Installed "9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc.exe" om my computer

3 - Created an SFX file using (to install silently ATI 9-11):

config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c xcopy \"%%T\\*.*\" %SYSTEMDRIVE%\\ATI\\Support\\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\\ /s /e /i /y"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c Path.cmd"
RunProgram="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\\ATI\\Support\\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\\Setup.exe -INSTALL"
;!@InstallEnd@!

4 - Create a batch file

Path.cmd

@echo off
cmd /c mkdir "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\ATI Technologies"
exit

5 - Using all the files inside: C:\ATI\Support\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\ and create an 7z archive

6 - Create an ATI-9-11.exe file

Silent installation for ATI 9-11 doesn't work on Oracle VirtualBox, but works really fine on my Computer!

Remember: Old timers have a saying:" The newest driver is NOT always the best."

Driverpacks Tutorial

I hope that can help! :rolleyes:

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

Remember: Old timers have a saying:" The newest driver is NOT always the best."

Yes, I guess I am an old timer now. After I installed Diablo III, it says "oh hey there is a new driver available for your video card" and I say "NO!" :lol:

I did a (well peimg) integration of a Radeon driver on a Vista image by installing the software on a system, and then use the old Driver Magician to get the driver file to inject into the wim.

Yes, I guess I am an old timer now. After I installed Diablo III, it says "oh hey there is a new driver available for your video card" and I say "NO!" :lol:

I did a (well peimg) integration of a Radeon driver on a Vista image by installing the software on a system, and then use the old Driver Magician to get the driver file to inject into the wim.

:rolleyes: Oh, yes! Well done.

Regards

I made a new test and this config.txt works fine also.

Adapt the ATI version to your needs!

Note: We need to create the folder: "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies", if we want an successful silent installation:

config.txt (for ATI Radeon X300 series 9-11)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
;// Full silent no GUI
GUIMode="2"
;// Set environments
SetEnvironment="Var1=C:\\ATI\\Support\\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\\"
SetEnvironment="Var2=\"%ProgramFiles%\\ATI Technologies\""
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c xcopy \"%%T\" \"%Var1%\" /s /e /i /y"
RunProgram="hidcon:cmd /c \"%Var1%\\Setup.exe\" -INSTALL"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Cheers

*Edit: We can see all switches after extraction, using: (example)

C:\ATI\Support\9-11_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\Setup.exe /? (or /help)

Silent switches

-INSTALL[-Use /package path] - This will install packages in silent mode.
-Use /package path is optional.
E.g.
1)-INSTALL:will install the whole packages in silent mode.
2)-INSTALL -Use c:\packages\Drivers\:will install the defined packages in silent mode
-UNINSTALL- This will uninstall all packages in silent mode.

/FORCE_FIRST_RUN- forces the first run wizard each time(good if you're debugging or showing a demo of the initialization wizard and need it to appear on every run).

/FORCE_HIDE_FIRST_RUN- forces the first run wizard to hide even if it is the first run.

/INSTALL- run in install mode (this is what a CD autorun could use to run Monet)

/UPDATE- run in uninstall mode (this is what a toolbar or tooltray could use to launch Monet UI)

/UNINSTALL- run in uninstall mode (this is what a toolbar or tooltray could use to launch Monet UI)

/PACKAGE_SELECTION_LISTBOX- a listbox is shown for package selection, instead of toggling throughicons (this is more useful in debugging because in the past I have sometimes encountered multiple installed versions of the same package).

/VERBOSE_TRACE- This is absolutely necessary to always be in command line if you want tohave "/TRACE_RM" and "/FORCE_CORECOM_TRACE". The intention of this option was that we should always trace a minimum on an end system due to performance issues.... if you're at all interested in tracing UI or UI<-->Core commmunication, then make sure this is always in the command line

/FORCE_CORECOM_TRACE:<path> - Traces all communication between core and UI use this with a target file e.g. with <path> equal to "C:\my_directory\core_ui_log.txt"

/TRACE_RM- Trace all messages relevent to risk mitigation.

/DISPLAY_FULL_VERSION- Display the full version and timestamp

/PASS_TO_CORE- Will pass any command line in quotes into the core for processing. Example usage /PASS_TO_CORE:"-a -b -c -d -e -f -g" will pass the command line:"-a -b -c -d -e -f -g" to the core. (Note: if you need to pass " character, then use a ' and it willbe converted to " before being passed to the core.

/UNATTENDED_INSTALL<:><files/path><;><file/path> - This puts InstallManagerApp into unattended install mode by using the comma-separated list of files/paths.
E.g.
1)/UNATTENDED_INSTALL:"c:\direc1;c:\direc2\filea.msi;c:\direc3"
2)/UNATTENDED_INSTALL:"c:\drivers"
3)/UNATTENDED_INSTALL:"c:\drivers\graphics_driver.msi"

/UNATTENDED_UNINSTALL- This will uninstall all packages in unattended mode.

/AUTOACCEPT_ALL- This will autoaccept all legal agreements (for internal use only). If you don't use this command line, you'll have to stick around, read and accept/deny EULA's. This option won't be published.

/ON_REBOOT_MESSAGE:<value> - This takes the answer in advance from the user asto whether s/he needs to reboot once complete. Valid <values> are "YES" or "NO".

/FORCE_REBOOT- On completion of an install/update/uninstall, force a reboot request to OS.Note that the reboot request will only be issued after the application is closed.

/FORCE_CLOSE_WHEN_DONE- This will automatically close the last wizard page on completion.

/OEM:<value>- Change the OEM look and feel. Valid <values> must have an entry in the OEM folder the the same folder name

/NO_CUSTOM_UI:<value>- Ignore UI color setting changes from configuration files.

/HELP- Display this message and exit.

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem