Seagate ST3500320AS 7200.11 BSY successfully removed but cannot access

Ok, this doesn't seem to work either... Will get the same read errors...

I don't think this is the result of a headcrash. Another strange thing: if I try to get an image via DatarescueDD but from the other direction it won't work either - read errors are all I get, but no strange sounds or anything which sounds like a headcrash.

Maybe there was just something configured wrong like for example some drive parameters and therefor the drive's firmware won't read further.

Ok, this doesn't seem to work either... Will get the same read errors...

I don't think this is the result of a headcrash. Another strange thing: if I try to get an image via DatarescueDD but from the other direction it won't work either - read errors are all I get, but no strange sounds or anything which sounds like a headcrash.

Maybe there was just something configured wrong like for example some drive parameters and therefor the drive's firmware won't read further.

You are missing the important bit.

The general idea with datarescuedd is to make partial images.

When you hit a bad spot, you "jump" over it, skipping a reasonable" number of sectors.

If the skip is not enough, you try skipping some more.

Once you have reached disk's end, you re-try the skipped areas backwards.

You may still have "holes" in the image, but if a sector is "bad" it is "bad" at least without specialized hardware and "lower level" tools.

You can fill this "holes" with empty sectors and finally have an image from which *some* data can hopefully be recovered.

Just get what you can, without "insisting" on bad spots.

"Something", though worse than "everything", is still MUCH better than "nothing". ;)

jaclaz