Mim0's HFSLIP beta modifications

jinjou

So, to start out with, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but really, the right topic is locked (), and this looks about as close to the right place as I can determine, other than starting something new, which seems like it ought to be unnecessary.

I'm using Mimo's hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v3.

On line 2749 is the following (very partial) statement:

ECHO>>WORK\WORK\HHIVADD.TXT

Is the "WORK\WORK\" path an error? I did a global search for it and didn't find it anywhere else. That's not conclusive by any means, but it caught my attention almost immediately when I first saw it. Just seemed wrong to a have WORK folder inside a WORK folder, I guess.

@ jinjou

Your question certainly doesn't belong here.

Since the file you are talking about is not part of the original project, I'd suggest you direct your question directly to the person who created that version of the script, (via PM), or within a Topic specifically regarding that version of the script.

Since the file you are talking about is not part of the original project, I'd suggest you direct your question directly to the person who created that version of the script, (via PM), or within a Topic specifically regarding that version of the script.

Not so fast, wise owl... ;)

It's the origin line of the origin Beta-J-Script.

@jinjou

I guess you're right, that this is an error. There's just one ECHO to WORK\WORK\HHIVADD.TXT and about 42 ECHOs to WORK\HHIVADD.TXT.

But what to do now? I've never noticed bad side-effect's with the current script (only the magic think with the - known-problem-here - locked login-screen). On the other hand, it really seems to be a typo. I think I add this fix and create a v4.

Or any other idea?

Not so fast, wise owl... ;)

@jinjou

I guess you're right, that this is an error. There's just one ECHO to WORK\WORK\HHIVADD.TXT and about 42 ECHOs to WORK\HHIVADD.TXT.

But what to do now? I've never noticed bad side-effect's with the current script (only the magic think with the - known-problem-here - locked login-screen). On the other hand, it really seems to be a typo. I think I add this fix and create a v4.

Or any other idea?

In the original beta_j script line number 2749 is blank! therefore the use of your name and a line number which does not match that of the posted original was sufficient for my response.

In the original script, line number 2744 says

IF "%SP%"=="1" IF NOT "%SUBTAG%"=="is" IF NOT "%SUBTAG%"=="ib" ECHO>>WORK\WORK\HHIVADD.TXT HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\System\Clussvc","EventMessageFile",0x20008,";%%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\ws03res.dll;%%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\w03a2409.dll"

That line does appear to contain the error mentioned.

What do you mean, create a 'version four', is there or is there not another version of this script distributed by you, if so you'll of course forgive yourself for your 'not so fast' comment since I've not made any error!

Didn't realize that. Didn't think to compare different versions to see if it was in previous ones. I was using the most recent one I could find.

direct your question directly to the person who created that version of the script, (via PM)

Wow. Behind closed doors eh? I thought others would like to be aware of it in case they were having (non-obvious) troubles.

within a Topic specifically regarding that version of the script

I thought about that, but thought that since it was about HfSlip in general, this was as good a place as any.

I've never noticed bad side-effect's with the current script

Neither have I, and I didn't attempt to anaylze what was going on there since I've only just recently started to examine the code in the first place.

I think I add this fix and create a v4

Sounds good to me.

Or any other idea?

Yeah, in general, I think starting a new topic regarding maintenance would be a good idea. But if PMing Mim0 about his version is considered more apropo, that will work for me. It's just that then all that takes place without input from others, which I've always heard was a good idea.

In the original beta_j script line number 2749 is blank! therefore the use of your name and a line number which does not match that of the posted original was sufficient for my response.

It matches the version I mentioned. What do you mean?

since I've not made any error!

Ah, yes you have, but maybe misunderstood is a better characterization.

the original beta_j script

Which wasn't the one I mentioned.

is there or is there not another version of this script distributed by you

Ah, yes, there is, beta_J_v3.

What do you mean, create a 'version four'

A revision of beta_J_v3?

Basta! Time to move away from this obviously tainted place of discussion.

Mim0, I'll PM you if you like about other more minor discrepencies I've found. I think it should be you that starts a new topic about your version, since it's yours after all.

direct your question directly to the person who created that version of the script, (via PM)

Wow. Behind closed doors eh? I thought others would like to be aware of it in case they were having (non-obvious) troubles.

Yes, if you find a what you believe is an error in the distributers work then I'd suggest that giving them the opportunity to investigate your find is the appropriate course of action. The distributer can then make and changes and announcements as appropriate.
within a Topic specifically regarding that version of the script

I thought about that, but thought that since it was about HfSlip in general, this was as good a place as any.

This entire forum area is about HFSLIP in general, this specific Topic however has nothing at all to do with the message you posted and therefore not a good place.

It matches the version I mentioned. What do you mean?

No you mentioned Mim0's version, the original version pertinent to this Forum is not the same.
since I've not made any error!

Ah, yes you have, but maybe misunderstood is a better characterization.

I am perfectly correct, I have the original file and its original archive both of which match in the line numbers I've quoted. I understood perfectly; if you read back you'll note that it was Mim0, who said that the line quoted was that of the original version which was incorrect. Please do however show me what it was which I misunderstood or stated in error.
is there or is there not another version of this script distributed by you

Ah, yes, there is, beta_J_v3.

What do you mean, create a 'version four'

A revision of beta_J_v3?

The file you are talking about, after investigating, appears not to be hosted in these Forums but as I stated is Mim0's own project. Your query therefore not only doesn't belong in this Topic, it belongs either on the site hosting the file you're querying or directly to the person responsible for that file.

New Topic Created