No OSVer or OSLang recognition (Windows 7 with language pack)

Hello community,

After several years of using XPlode, i thought the time had come to try something new. I tried WPI and i really like it, especially the conditions (based on OS Language, bits or Version).

Living in a region with two languages, i made myself a Windows 7 with a second language (de-DE base disk with fr-FR language pack). I did even make an AIO and a unattended installation works flawlesly (with both languages in any Windows version (x86, x64, de or fr)

Now i have the problem that when i install Windows in the second language, WPI does not recognize the OS nor the language. My whole condition system is based on the language and os detection.

I thought it could be a problem of language integration, but it is not (i builded at least three times - with and without changing the default language in lang.ini).

Where does WPI get those infos from ? Is it a file that is missing while installing another language version ?

Does someone have a hint ?

Greetz

Thx for your reply !

Well i did some futher research with a French DVD and it seems that integrating DE-DE in FR-FR doesn't change anything.

I tried a french system install only, and it's the same. So it seems that WPI doesn't recognize a french install. In alt+g screen OSLANG are OSVER are simply empty or "not found".

I hope that this behavour will be recognized as bug and fixed in the future.

Greetz !

WPI looks at the 4 digit language code (1033 (0409 hex) for English ENU) to determine the language. I updated the code a little bit. But it will return the first found code, even if multiple exist.

So, in your lang.ini file there has to be some way to set the code, but to which, I don't know.

Thanks for your answer mritter.

Well, to exclude a lang.ini issue, i tried (in virtualbox) the official french untouched version. The situation here was the same - %OSLANG% was empty and %OSver%="Not found". I

I also tried WPI on TWO real/existing french Vista configurations, the Vista version was correctly recognized by OSVer but OSLang was still empty.

As temporary solution, i'm using these parameters :

(getOSlang()=="FRA" || getOSlang()=="") & (getOSver()=="Win7" || getOSver()=="" || getOSver()=="Not found")

This seems to work.

It's strange because with the german version, there is no issue. :wacko:

Edited by Jackrip5

These are the codes WPI uses to check for French. Are they correct?

arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - Belgium","FRB","080c");
arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - Canada","FRC","0c0c");
arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - France","FRA","040c");
arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - Luxembourg","FRL","140c");
arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - Monaco","FRM","180c");
arrOSLang[i++]=new AddLocal("French - Switzerland","FRS","100c");

• 2 years later...