I can't add Sata

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Windows 7. I installed nlite. Sata drive, but I can not add XP to SP3. Error is given. PLS Help me...

This Problem:

Kelsenellenelvian is exactly the type of contributor that is not needed. Why reply at all if you can't add some kind of contribution. Enstein already knows that Win 7 has caused his problem, he doesn't need a reply "Windows 7 has been known to cause this problem with nLite." DOH!!

Kelsenellenelvian is exactly the type of contributor that is not needed. Why reply at all if you can't add some kind of contribution. Enstein already knows that Win 7 has caused his problem, he doesn't need a reply "Windows 7 has been known to cause this problem with nLite." DOH!!

I wonder which kind of contributor are you? :unsure:

On your first post you start criticizing the way another member replies to a question on nlite, and on the second one you post a question on the use of nlite - without having taken the time to read the basic instructions....

nlite was written to be run under 2K/XP and tested under 2K/XP, and it works allright under 2K and XP.

(you might want to notice how the last character in the above sentence is a dot, full stop or period)

The only ways out AFAIK/IMHO are:

1. run nlite in the OS it was developed and tested on :yes:
  2. re-write nlite from scratch adding to it compatibility with Windows Vista :ph34r:, Windows 7 and Server 2008 (and what not) :blink:
  3. sue nuhi for not having updated his program or having forecasted it would not work under an unreleased at the time OS :w00t:
  4. sue Microsoft for having released an OS that broke compatibility with nlite :whistle:

of which #1 is the most viable, since you must have a full XP source (in order to nlite it) just get a Freely available Virtual Machine, like Virtual PC or Qemu or Virtualbox, install the XP on it, then run nlite inside the VM.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Hi guys, I didn't intentionally critise Kelsenellenelvian, it was more out of frustration trying do a rebuild of a laptop. I do understand your reply and I respect that. It is just that when you are looking for something, and you are not exactly sure how to do what you need to do, it is disappointing to come across a request very similar to the problem that one is having and seeing a response that tells some-one else something that they already know - if you see my point. Anyway apologies to Kelsenellenelvian if I have done him any disrespect. I did sort out the issues that I was having and I have rebuilt the laptop. One of the problems that I was having was that when I was trying to burn the cd it didn't contain the drivers for the chipset, and the machine would not boot from the cd drive with the N-Lite disc in place. Eventually I got the burn to work by taking the disc out of the cd drive and then putting it back in, which then caused the disc to be over-written with the new Win XP boot files.

Anyway that's it for now - everything works - frustration over for another day.

peterjones2.

It is just that when you are looking for something, and you are not exactly sure how to do what you need to do, it is disappointing to come across a request very similar to the problem that one is having and seeing a response that tells some-one else something that they already know - if you see my point.

Yes, I do understand, but from experience, NOTHING is less read that the actual "read-me-first" or documentation for a program, and nothing is less searched for than the ALREADY available aswers on a board. :ph34r:

Look at what I found in a 3 (three) minutes google search on MSFN:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=142396

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=142793

:hello:

jaclaz

Hi, I read through the topics attached, thanks for that. I would have to admit though, at that level it is rather above my level of competance. I am afraid that I am a some-one who does what is necessary to keep my machines going, without formal training. If I see an actual example then usually I can follow everything, but after that - sorry, I am a bit of a stone age warrior, if I can hit it with a rock and it works then I am on the pigs back :thumbup

Best regards, peterjones2