Registry Dependencies

Both "Registry Key" and "Registry Value" don't grey out installed applications with the registry keys I want recognized. Most of the other dependency stuff I've tried (File, Folder, Version, bits, etc.) works but not the registry. Is this a bug? And yes, I searched this topic but didn't find any discussion of it. Thanks.

It works fine. You have to remember: the original intent of conditions was the OPPOSITE of what they are now. Big mistake on his part.

Put an exclamation point in front of it. Think the reverse of it.

It works fine. You have to remember: the original intent of conditions was the OPPOSITE of what they are now. Big mistake on his part.

Put an exclamation point in front of it. Think the reverse of it.

Nope. Doesn't work when putting registry entries in either the "conditions" or "greyed conditions" field. :no: If that's what you mean by opposite effect. Also, I assume registry condition will accept keys other than HKCU, like HKLM? Again, my issue is that when I put any entry other than registry in greyed out condition, the application install is indeed greyed out. With registry entries, nothing changes, like the entry, below:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors]
@=""
"Scheme Source"=dword:00000000
"Arrow"="F:\\1SYSTEM\\1cons\\Cursors\\Red.cur"

This is what I have tried under both "conditions" and "greyed condition."

RegKeyValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors")=="F:\1SYSTEM\1cons\Cursors\Red.cur"

Edited by lurk&jerk

You are missing part of the key:

RegKeyValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Arrow")=="F:\1SYSTEM\1cons\Cursors\Red.cur"

Try it with the \Arrow added.

Thanks for catching the mistake, mritter. But I corrected it and my cursor registry entry is still not greyed out on the main menu even though it's been installed. Consider this thread closed. It's a bug I can't quash.

Edited by lurk&jerk

The other thing is: when are you setting the cursor reg key? You would have to do it before WPI starts. That way the key is set, WPI runs, checks the key, does grayed accordingly.

If you start WPI, begin install, set cursor, then no, the entry will never be grayed.

• 1 month later...

I finally figured out the issue. In the config file WPI was putting an extra space between the last double slash and "Red.cur" as shown below. I've also noticed this occasionally happening on other entries but usually when I close WPI and reopen it, there will be an error message pointing to the line error. Anyway, thanks for the help.

prog[pn]=['Cursors'];
uid[pn]=['CURSORS'];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
bit64[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Customizer'];
cmds[pn]=['{REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\\Install\\MySetup\\Cursors.reg"'];
gcond[pn]=['RegKeyValue("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\Cursors\\Arrow")=="F:\\1SYSTEM\\1cons\\Cursors\\ Red.cur"'];
desc[pn]=['Cursors'];
pn++;

Edited by lurk&jerk

• 3 months later...

I'm still perplexed about my inability to get WPI to recognize registry keys that have been installed by apps. I had one other thought: I copy WPI from my install CD to my hard drive, and then run it. Would that make a difference? I'm running WPI version 8.1.0