Trying make my own addon and not having much luck

MrBiggz

I was trying to make an addon for the Windows Live install of just messenger, photo gallery and signon helper.

I did a little research on it to make it silent install. I found all to info I needed. I created the addon with add-on maker. Had everything in one folder and the cab file was created.

I did a simple XP installation and included that cab file with the hotfixes, addons and pack. Which I only had an addon. The XP install started and finished and never did I see any mention of it. Did't see anything.

There has to be somthing I'm not doing right!

Thx in advance!!!

You wont see anything during setup if it's silent.

I figured that much. Although once the install was done and windows was up and logged into I went searching for my installed program(s). Nothing. :no:

Here's the documentation from MS regarding the installation --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943595

This is a shot of add-on maker for this:

post-299830-128081601304_thumb.jpg

And the config file looks like this:

p=A26D7C8B-875D-48E2-BED1-7168268D022A*1,

F81F501C-236B-4B4A-8E92-0575EAAD06FA*1,

31BB3B1C-5A3D-4E68-82A1-3C166F03C379*1&s=0&h=0&c=1&m=EN-US&t=1

Those three codes represent the windows live signon assistant, messenger and photo gallery.

+ I tried doing something like the latest firefox. I get this:

post-299830-128081870546_thumb.jpg

The installer file is contained withing the cab file. I'm lost!

I have attached the LAST SESSION.INI file to this post.

Thanks for any help! =)

Edited by MrBiggz

I'm not sure an add-on extracts config.txt to read it. Can you test with just /silent /fastoem? Maybe placing config.txt in the svcpack folder? Don't know. Not sure the contents of svcpack are installed from the CD.

For Firefox, try removing the spaces in the setup file and rebuild the add-on.

Thanks for the Firefox tip .. I just replaced the spaces with underscores. Worked great!

I think I found a part of my problem. Maybe. I'd like another set of eyes to look at it. I've attached the install log I found within windows. From what I gather .. it needs silverlight installed before it can install any of the windows live items. Oh .. and I did put the config.txt file into the SVCPACK folder after I created the addon.

If that's the case does the order of which the addons are included into Nlite matter?

Installer Log --> Installer log.txt

I don't think it's a Silverlight prerequisite. I ran the setup and Silverlight is one of the components you can choose to install...

defaultboxwindowslive.png

As for your log file... Too sleepy. Cant make heads or tails out of it. Someone else chime in.