Booting from USB drive

The latest and greatest method to install Windows from is a USB key. CD/DVDs are slow by comparison and limited in size.

I have updated WPI 8.0.3 to detect if started from a USB drive. By default it will act like it was started from a dvd. The extra buttons (Options, Config, etc) are hidden since I assume you are installing Windows, not modifying your config file.

I added a new option in 8.1.0, "Check this box to automatically hide the buttons if started from a USB drive." This is checked by default. Uncheck it for use when testing or making changes.

You would definetly not want this checked if you have a USB key you carry around from computer to computer to just install software.

Sorry, but you will have to wait a bit for 8.1.0 to come out. It won't be long. Moving along nicely with a new major feature.

Nice, also saw you pm, ill test soon :).. I never use CD/DVD's anymore simply just to slow :).

But it means that we can still modify stuff without it beeing write protected by wpi when using using the usb correct?.