problem with 1.beta5

How far did you go in QEMU? Did it start at all? Did you reach the partitions screen without BSOD?

Have you modified WinSetupFromUSB folders?

2010/06/14 09:46:38- qemu: could not load PC BIOS 'C:\WinSetupFromUSB\files\qemu/bios.bin'
:wacko:

I think we have a failure to communicate. I guess the QMEU did not start because I did not see any partitions screen or BSOD. I only saw the log that I sent to you. I have not modified the WinSetupFromUSB folders. Mike

Sorry, I saw no single clue in your reply that QEMU did not start at all, only the log file based on which I assumed it did not. :unsure:

Anyway, the error is weird, maybe the file is broken.

Download the latest 1.0 beta6 and try with it. Let me know if QEMU starts and how far you get in it.

Sorry, I saw no single clue in your reply that QEMU did not start at all, only the log file based on which I assumed it did not. :unsure:

Anyway, the error is weird, maybe the file is broken.

Download the latest 1.0 beta6 and try with it. Let me know if QEMU starts and how far you get in it.

Close but no cigar!!! I installed the files useing your GUI and the QMEU to test it. I got to the partition screen ( now I know what that looks like, very slick) It ask me to make a partition to install W2k. There was not enough room on the stick to do that. I think the problem is with the Toshiba USB drive, When I tried to run the QEMU with it I got a DOS window saying that NTLDR was missing, and no gldr. Mike

QEMU is just for testing purposes, do not attempt to go past the partitioning screen where write operations will start.

As for the Toshiba USB drive- can you reformat it from Windows disk management and prepare it with Windows 2000?

Then test it in QEMU and report whether you get to the partitioning screen without BSOD. Do not continue past that point in QEMU.