problem with 1.beta5

Good morning,

I am useing this program to install win2k on a toshiba 320 Gig. Usb drive. The computer that I am installing from O.S. is winxp. It Completes the transfer to usb drive. I boot from the usb drive and everything gets expanded. Then I get A message that The file usbohci.sys is missing. I have checked and the string wks-id ="microsoft windows 2000 professional" is in i386/txtsetup.sif file. Any help would be appreciated, Mike

Please zip and attach txtsetup.sif from the small ISO file in WINSETUP directory on USB disk and winsetupfromusb.log from program directory or the backup folder.

In your source open up txtsetup.sif and merge both [strings] sections into a single one and rebuild the USB stick.

AutoIt would read only the first section, hence the undetected windows 2000 strings in the second.

In your source open up txtsetup.sif and merge both [strings] sections into a single one and rebuild the USB stick.

AutoIt would read only the first section, hence the undetected windows 2000 strings in the second.

Hi, I used nlite to intergrate the two files. Now I get a BSOD. Checked the new textsetup.sif it is only one page and only one set of strings. The first line in strings read: wkscd ="Windows 2000 Professional CD". I added another line above it: wks_id ="Windows 2000 Professional", that did not help still got BSOD. Mike

I am not sure what exactly you did.

You need to modify txtsetup.sif in your source as mentioned, wherever it is, not on the USB stick, and rebuild the stick using that new source.

I am not sure what exactly you did.

You need to modify txtsetup.sif in your source as mentioned, wherever it is, not on the USB stick, and rebuild the stick using that new source.

Hello again, This is what I did I slipstreamed the win2k professional disk with the SP4 that I downloaded from Microsoft. Nlite is suppose to intergrate the two. Wich I assumed would remove all duplicate files. I checked that by looking on the stick at the txtsetup.sif file. It was reduced to one page and only one set of strings. Where did I go wrong.Thanks for the help, Mike

Nlite is suppose to intergrate the two
SP4 is the first one, which one is second of the two? :unsure:
Wich I assumed would remove all duplicate files
What duplicated files? You have duplicated sections in a single file which you need to merge so the application properly would recognize your source is windows 2000.

Lets start from a scratch.

1) Slipstream SP4

2) zip and attach txtsetup.sif from the source. I will check it and correct it if needed.

3) Wait for my answer and use again WinSetupFromUSB to reformat the USB stick and prepare it with the modified source.

Nlite is suppose to intergrate the two
SP4 is the first one, which one is second of the two? :unsure:
Wich I assumed would remove all duplicate files
What duplicated files? You have duplicated sections in a single file which you need to merge so the application properly would recognize your source is windows 2000.

Lets start from a scratch.

1) Slipstream SP4

2) zip and attach txtsetup.sif from the source. I will check it and correct it if needed.

3) Wait for my answer and use again WinSetupFromUSB to reformat the USB stick and prepare it with the modified source.

Good afternoon; Did I send you this file before? Just in case I forgot here it is again, Mike

txtsetup.sif.zip

Good afternoon; Did I send you this file before? Just in case I forgot here it is again, Mike

Seems good.

Now format the USB stick and us the program to place this source, with the modified txtsetup.sif in it.

Please report how it goes.

Seems good.

Now format the USB stick and us the program to place this source, with the modified txtsetup.sif in it.

Please report how it goes.

Good Evenimg; I used the source with the file that I sent to you. I got the BSOD again. I am enclosing the Boot log with the boot drive build and the the failed install. If you need somthing else let me know. Mike

WinSetupFromUSB.zip

Re-reading your first post. Are you installing from USB to USB disk? This is not yet supported, internal disk must be present or you will get BSOD 0x7B.

If installing to internal disk- is it SATA? Is the controller in IDE or AHCI/SATA mode? If the latter do you have the needed drivers slipstreamed?

Run the program with the USB disk attached, select "test in QEMU" only, hit "GO". Do you get to the partitioning screen without BSOD?

What's the error code on the BSOD you are getting?

Re-reading your first post. Are you installing from USB to USB disk? This is not yet supported, internal disk must be present or you will get BSOD 0x7B.

If installing to internal disk- is it SATA? Is the controller in IDE or AHCI/SATA mode? If the latter do you have the needed drivers slipstreamed?

Run the program with the USB disk attached, select "test in QEMU" only, hit "GO". Do you get to the partitioning screen without BSOD?

What's the error code on the BSOD you are getting?

HI I am back again, I am useing an internal SATA HD. The BIOS is set for SATA, I don't know if this is what you mean. In the device manager the driver is 5.1.2535.0 dated 2001-07-01. This is pre WinXp. so it should be in SP4 for Win2k. I am attaching the QMEU log. The BSOD error code that I am getting is 0x7b, inaccesssible_boot_device. I hope this helps, Mike

QMEU LOG.zip

How far did you go in QEMU? Did it start at all? Did you reach the partitions screen without BSOD?

Have you modified WinSetupFromUSB folders?

2010/06/14 09:46:38- qemu: could not load PC BIOS 'C:\WinSetupFromUSB\files\qemu/bios.bin'
:wacko: