Installing from USB drive-I'm asked if OK to Start Installation.

I did an install of W7 x64 from a USB drive and had no trouble finding the path, but WPI paused and asked me if it was OK to Start Installation. I assume it does not think this is a CDROM (it is not, obviously). How do I avoid this interruption without losing the protection of the check when I am running from my HDD. I am running WPI version 7.7.0. Thanks, John.

Wait!

Are you speaking of UAC? If you are then, no there isn't a way known yet to turn it off for USB drives.

(personal note) Thanks the gods too. With all of the thumb drive virus's I have dealt with a uac killer would be exaclty that.

A UAC KILLER...

Kelsenellenelvian, I am talking about the message after the timer expires:

Are you sure you want to start installation process?
This is the protection put in to prevent me from accidentally starting installation on the system I am setting up WPI. Thanks, John.

Options->General-combobox->Verify before installing if started from harddrive

Make sure is not checked.

Thanks, mritter. I am aware of the option, but I do not want to uncheck it and again take the chance that I start an installation on the system I am using to setup WPI for a future install. I guess what you two are saying is that I cannot have my cake and eat it also. I suspect you cannot tell the difference between a USB stick and a true HDD. Thanks for your reply. Enjoy, John.

Yes, I can tell if WPI was launched from CD, HDD, or USB drive. I will look into adding another variable to check for USB. The current check is if from CD, then no saving; else it assumes ran from HDD (desktop, so in testing/creation) so can write.

So, you want if run from USB then act like it was started from CD? But that would limit people who use a thumb drive to install software from the desktop. (IT guy walking around office updating computers.)

I will do some more thinking on it.........

Yes, I can tell if WPI was launched from CD, HDD, or USB drive. I will look into adding another variable to check for USB. The current check is if from CD, then no saving; else it assumes ran from HDD (desktop, so in testing/creation) so can write.

So, you want if run from USB then act like it was started from CD? But that would limit people who use a thumb drive to install software from the desktop. (IT guy walking around office updating computers.)

I will do some more thinking on it.........

Thanks, mritter, I see what you are saying. It is not a real big deal for me, but would be nice to keep the unattended quality. I was surprised, when I searched before I posted, that no one else had asked about this. Please let me know if you need a tester. Thanks, John.

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/wpi_v8.0.1.rar

I am using a USB just fine.

How do you mean you cannot save anything on it?

mritter and I was actually discussing further changes to the usb detection and options earlier so changes are going to be made.

(1)

This image theres no options avail on the left side, when its on my usb. Tho when its on my hdd, it appears.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/739/wpi8021.png

Also the same thing here, when its on usb i cannot save. But on the harddrive i can save.

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/wpi8022.png/

I have tryed clean wpi 8.0.2 and with my own settings in it. The same thing.