GetMyDataBack for NTFS, wait till the finish?

Hi All,

I have WD hard drive 500GB which most of the time does not recognize by the bios.

By connecting the hard drive with SATA to USB adaptor I succeeded to have access through GetMyDataBack for NTFS.

Now the software is scanning the disk but I'm afraid that the hard drive will shut it self down or will be permanentlly damaged before the program finish the scanning.

Should I let the software to scan the entire disk (8-10 hours) or to stop in the middle and move on to the recovery step (step 3) which does not recommended by the software?

Does this scanning good for anything?

Many Thanks!

Leave the program running, if the instructions for it say so.

Generally speaking, Authors of recovery software don't get any advantage in making you scan a drive for a few hours unneededly, if their program wants to do the scanning, let it scan.

jaclaz

I have WD hard drive 500GB which most of the time does not recognize by the bios.

By connecting the hard drive with SATA to USB adaptor I succeeded to have access through GetMyDataBack for NTFS.

What makes you think plugging it through USB cable will get you a better connection ? I'd think it would just make the recovery slower and more painful.