nLite Stops PiFast Working

MutantTractor

MutantTractor, I have reproduced the problem and corrected it. The problem is that the two .txt files in the PiFast folder are set to Read Only. By simply resetting the Read Only flag, PiFast runs just fine. I have had these problems before with files turning out to be Read Only after going through the ISO process. I think it has to do with copying files from the CD. My fix for a lot of other file is tho use the Attrib command (see Help and Support). Example :

Attrib -R %AllUsersProfile%\DeskTop\pi.txt
The -R says to remove the Read Only attribute. Another way to get around this is to use copy or xcopy commands. Enjoy, John.

I do not believe it!

Its that simple!

Haha, John, sir you are a genius thank you VERY much :)

Soa ll i do to stop it going read only is to add that to the RunOnce?

How would i go about using copy or xcopy?

With a .bat?

Myles

MutantTractor, almost always when the problem is understood, it is simple! You will need to play with some techniques. I think running the Attrib command out of RunOnce will do the trick. The question is, is it too soon? Please let us know what you learn. Help and Support in the Start menu will explain the Attrib, Copy and Xcopy commands and their parms. I use the Attrib command with wild card (*.*) to do all files in a folder. BTW, I do not use nLite to create an ISO or write a DVD. I use ImgBurn for both, so this happens when the ISO is created. Did you get your Firefox problem corrected? I, too, have sign in problems (IE8) requiring clearing cache and cookies. Have fun, John.