nLite Stops PiFast Working

MutantTractor

MutantTractor, I guess this points out that I know little about DW. I have not used it to Profile. I assume you do this running the program. It does not look good that all those DLLs are missing, but I don't know really. When you create a new ISO with nothing removed, you can use your W7 system. Let us hear. Good luck, John.

Did as you said John and it works,

But it seems to lie in that if i remove anything prom acessories/keyboard/languages

It deletes DLLs from system32 that PiFast relies on?

is there any way to protect those dlls from deletion with nlite?

Myles

MutantTractor, I don't think any dissembling is going on here. I suspect it is one of the Applications you removed. I have removed most of what you have but not the Calculator, Accessibility Options, Defrager, Charmap, Wordpad, Games, NT Backup, Screen Savers and maybe a couple more. In the Components Task, at the bottom, is an Advanced button. It will allow to specify keep and remove for files. According to how much time you want to spend, I would like to see this problem chased down to the cause. You can put back in the removal of all the Languages and Key Boards, and maybe half of the Applications and see if it works, etc... Willing to spend some time? Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

I will try the same as your config,

I have just tried the Autoinstall i always use and it did not work even with EVERYTHING left alone, so it seems that using the autoinstall method cuts out the installation of several system32 dll files needed to run the program.

I will try and cut out the keyboards and languages and leave it on manual install and see what happens?

Attached is my newest INI,

Also one more thing that really bugs me, this site wont let me sign in in firefox but only in IE...

Is this on purpose or just a concidence?

Myles

LAST SESSION.INI

MutantTractor, what do you mean by 'Autoinstall' - Fully Automatic? Is that the Last Session you just attached? If not, please attach it. NLite should not be removing any DLLs unless they go with something you have asked to be removed. I use IE8 here, but Firefox should work. At the very bottom of the forums list is 'Site & Forum Issues' - please post there and asked what is going on now. Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

Yeah i mean Fully Automatic, license key etc inserted,

That is the Last Session i just attached, as you can see nothing has been added or removed all i did was enable Fullt Automatic,

Thats what i thought it shouldnt remove anything unless i tell it to, is it because i disabled SFC in the "Components" section?

I dont wee why this would effect the install,

Myles

MutantTractor, disabling SFC should not cause a problem. Fully Automatic should also be no problem - I use it. What is the difference between this one and the one that worked? Did you start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders? If not, once you remove something it is gone forever. Enjoy, John.

Hi Jogn,

Okay so if those two arent the problem im beat,

There is absolutely no difference in any way except for the Fully Automatic and SFC.

Started with a brand new ISO and everything,

It seems that nlite once fully auto is enabled it breaks something,

Can you post up your INI please?

Myles

Thanks John.

The one that worked doesnt have an INI,

Just a straight ISO generated with nlite with nothing taken or added,

Could it be that im inserting an $OEM$ folder and its not installing other things while it copies the files to the desktop as i have it set up to do?

I have OEM PreInstall enabled

Myles

MutantTractor, what is in your $OEM$? Do you change it after nLite has run? NLite uses the $OEM$ folder to run nLite.inf at T-13. Without this, nLite does not get its work done during installation and I do not know the outcome. Can you post a screen shot of a Windows Explorer view of the $OEM$ folder without feeling like you are exposing something private? Mine is attached. Notice the cmdlines.txt - where nLite.inf is invoked. Here is the contents of my cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]

"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,U"

"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection RunWPI.inf,,1,N"

Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

Nothing private in this ISO at all,

All my goal is to have the most crap stripped out of it as is possible and get it to run PiFast as it will only be used for 2D benchmarking

Here is my cmdlines which i have left untouched:

[Commands]

"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,U"

No idea what its telling it to do though?

Whatever it does the nlite.inf is DEFINATLY initialized as the services i have specified in the past ISOs are disabled on boot with the exact same cmdlines

Here is my $OEM$ Folders,

All it does is adds a folder to Desktop on All Users called "Benches" with a number of other folders with programs inside them one of them being PiFast all others operate fine however,

Myles

post-284523-127050319907_thumb.jpg

Edited by MutantTractor

MutantTractor, looks OK to me. The cmdlines.txt causes the nLite.inf to be run at T-13. You can find nLite.inf (compressed into NLITE.IN_) in your I386 folder after running nLite. I have not used the $Docs folder but have used others with no problems. Do you modify any files after running nLite? You might try removing the $Docs folder and see what happens. This is all really strange! Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

I found the compressed version allright,

All i do is once nlite is on the "Make ISO" screen and it says Explore ISO,

I copy and paste my $Docs folder into the $OEM$ folder then click Make ISO,

I then just use the ISO in VMWare to install XP,

I am currently running the ISO with your exact settings (Had to remove the runonce stuff)

If it doesnt succeed this time i will remove $Docs and then install that way with some components removed to see if it works,

Myles