Unattend Start Menu options?

Hey I'm new to this unattend stuff! Anyways, is there a way to set up a machine either physically, local security policy or unattend for the following things?

- pin a shortcut to the start menu

- customize Start Menu things like: show run, enable Devices and Printers, do not show Music

- custom wallpaper

This needs to be for ALLUSERS. This is because I set the machine up in Audit, then sysprep.xml creates a user but these settings are not retained on the new account.

- pin a shortcut to the start menu

Partially here, I set this for one user but you should be able to figure it out or ask and I'll show you

I basically copy my Start menu pinned items to a folder and export the reg and then after setupcomplete.cmd as it begins to load GUI I run a cmd file from xml in oobe

REM THINGS THAT WILL RUN RIGHT BEFORE THE DESKTOP GUI LOADS
REM Start Menu Pinned
CMD /C attrib -H "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned"
CMD /C MD "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu"
timeout /t 1
CMD /C copy "%systemdrive%\Install\Start\*.*" "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu" /Y
timeout /t 1
CMD /C attrib +H "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned"
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\StartPage2.reg

I get this each time

post-9484-127022022834_thumb.png

Edited by maxXPsoft

OK thanks. Currently I am now in info collecting mode. My company decided to sell off the machines I was using to create the image! :realmad: This is a common occurance lol. So I'm in waiting mode until I get another machine to test on.

OK thanks. Currently I am now in info collecting mode. My company decided to sell off the machines I was using to create the image! realmad.gif This is a common occurance lol. So I'm in waiting mode until I get another machine to test on.

VMs for testing until you re-test on hardware? Seems like this would be something that would be perfect for VM testing.

OK thanks. Currently I am now in info collecting mode. My company decided to sell off the machines I was using to create the image! realmad.gif This is a common occurance lol. So I'm in waiting mode until I get another machine to test on.

VMs for testing until you re-test on hardware? Seems like this would be something that would be perfect for VM testing.

While I agree that such generic things like this could be tested without the correct hardware, because it is a custom image I'd rather wait for the correct config to rule out any problems. And I haven't ever tested in a VM as I have dedicated testing computers as well as the ability to request in-house systems. :P