TP-Link Router not giving the speed

Hi,

Details:

1. Using XP Pro SP3 (32-bit)

2. Laptop = Sony VAIO VGN-FZ140E

3. Recently purchased a TP-Link Router (TL-WR740N) which claims to give 150 Mbps speed

The Problem:

When connected, my Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN shows a speed of only 65 Mbps . A friend came over with his laptop (having Windows 7) and was able to get 150 Mbps speed.

Can someone please help me fix the problem so that I can also get the same speed. Do I need to upgrade the driver? If so how and from where? Or maybe the solution is much simpler? Please help. Will be very thankful.

Depends on the FSB/CPU/RAM/GPU/WiFi speeds as well. These bottlenecks may slow it down. Your friend's laptop faster in one or more of the preceding? Just a faster Router won't make a faster connection for the same reason putting a 100mbs NIC in place of a 10mbs NIC in a P-133 won't make much difference. Note it also depends on the Site you are connecting to and Hops; slow site, slow connection. What's your test scenario (how did you get the numbers)?

More knowledgeable folks I'm sure can give a better/more accurate explanation.

Depends on the FSB/CPU/RAM/GPU/WiFi speeds as well. These bottlenecks may slow it down. Your friend's laptop faster in one or more of the preceding? Just a faster Router won't make a faster connection for the same reason putting a 100mbs NIC in place of a 10mbs NIC in a P-133 won't make much difference. Note it also depends on the Site you are connecting to and Hops; slow site, slow connection. What's your test scenario (how did you get the numbers)?

More knowledgeable folks I'm sure can give a better/more accurate explanation.

Thanks. After trying for almost 24 hours I think it's better to give up. I see your point and probably am calling it a day (in terms of trying to get this solved).

VideoRipper is right. I just looked at the network connection and when you move your mouse over it i.e the attached image.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply and help. Thank you :)

post-131769-127014509002_thumb.gif