seagate 7200.11

Hi all

has anyone came across this before

User Partition Format 5% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00004339, ErrCode 000

User Partition Format 5% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00008DED, ErrCode 000

00080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 10 secs

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 10 secs

my hdd had 2 partitions, one with windows and one for my files, it has went down, but will allow me to try and boot till the windows 7 flying circles then it reboots, if a run a repair disk it does not see the proper size of the hdd.

I have tried running the solutions for both the 0 lby error and the busy error with no success regardless of which order i do it.

cheers

the bios is correct, with no problems

seatools reports error B3EAE053, failed to repair sectors as Not responding to commands.

It suggests checking the cables which i already know are working,

@cammymc

The idea, after a "seagate fix", if seagate tools detect an error, is to get the DATA you need and then send the drive to seagate for replacement.

NOT that of trying booting from it NOR trying to do a Repair install on it.

You should have another hard disk of adequate capacity to backup the data you can recover.

If you need help in trying to recover the most data possible, just say so.

jaclaz

I am trying to get all data off the hdd. I have a 2tb drive on usb to move the data to. Tried a progam called photorec to get the data but it said it would take 2750 hours. I need to get it to a state where windows can recognize it or another method to get the data.

I have tried other computers with the same issues.

I'm afraid you're having some sort of hardware (or firmware of the hardware) problem;

there's no (low level) Windows based utility that can help you with that :unsure:

You'll have to use low level tools (either over SATA or over the diagnostic interface)

to regain access again and transfer as much as you can.

At least... that's my 2 €-cents worth :angel

Sorry for the misunderstanding: I meant that (depending on the problem) you should

use low-level SATA-access or diagnostics-port access (which is very low level) :ph34r:

You *could* try SeaTools for Windows first (this does a higher-level diagnostics

test for the hardware).

If that doesn't give you any insight of the real problem, you can go to a lower level

by using SeaTools for DOS (runs from a self-bootable CD-R).

Once you're able to fully access the drive "The normal way", you can try to use (higher-

level) data-recovery software; since Windows NT (2000, XP, Vista, 7) doesn't offer real

low level access to hardware (without special drivers), this will most likely be Linux

or DOS-based software.

Sorry... I can't recommend any software package, since I'm not familiar with your problem

in particular; first get the drive running again (probably using the diagnostics port),

then you can try to salvage your data.

Greetz,

Peter.

In that case it looks like there's something terribly wrong with the drive :wacko:

If you know your way in electronics (and harddisk-commands), you can try to experiment with

things like playing with the tables inside the drive (just like the BSY/LBA0 tricks in that other

thread); my guess is that you can consider your drive (and its data) as lost.

BTW. Your drive isn't making some weird clicking sound (rrrrr-tick...rrrr-tick), is it?

Greetz,

Peter.

Edited by VideoRipper

I guess that if windows can start booting at it, it should not be that bad. :whistle:

It surely has some bad sectors, possibly unrecoverable, but it seems to me like it is mostly functional, or at least it is to try and recover the DATA before starting fiddling with it.

jaclaz