Raid Driver Woes on Tyan S5351 MB

Hey all this is my first post to this forum and I hope that I have posted this to the correct location. Let me first start off with the specs of the system that I am having trouble with:

Tyan tiger i7322 s5351 motherboard

Dual Xeon 3ghz processors

SouthBridge chip is the intel 6300ESB

now let me state what the problem is:

I am trying to setup a mirrored array on this unit and this particular tyan board happens to have a softraid which is the Adaptec Embedded HostRAID device I have tried every driver I can find for this device and upon the install of windows using the F6 method every driver I have tried has not shown my configured drives as a single Raid drive this I have tested by trying to set up the array as a stripe (Raid 0) drive. Does anyone out there have any idea as to what the problem is that I am having I have the array configured correctly in the HostRaid firmware and will attach a photo of said config. Any thoughts suggestions or anything will b appreciated

post-285480-126982411456_thumb.jpg

Just to make sure I understand you:

You created a RAID1, installed Windows on it, and in Windows you see 2 separate drives?

BTW, the F6 driver does not have anything to do with how Windows sees the drives. For example, if you have a RAID1, you can't write a driver to make Windows ignore the mirror and think the drives are JBOD. The F6 driver just allows Windows to see the devices on that specific Mass Storage Controller.

I'd reload it as a RAID1, and once in Windows install the Adaptec RAID program and see if the array is still healthy. There are some circumstances where a software mirror will break for no apparent reason. I've seen it happen on reboots!

Using RAID1 vs RAID0 shouldn't matter. That's a non-issue for hardware RAID.

@n3tg33k: According to the manual, your option for SATA RAID from Adaptec is the M8110. What version of Windows are you trying to install? The correct drivers for XP and Server 2003 should be available here. I would be surprised if Server 2008/2008 R2 didn't have drivers included (although 2008 R2 does NOT have drivers for some Dell PERC controllers as recent as a PERC 4e/Di...you have to download 'em).