Even newer theme updates

I was emailed this picture by a guy named David. I loved it! It was one those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments. It does eat up alot of real estate, but looks sharp.

mock-up.png

I have already started the updating for it and made a new theme. Still have some final tweaking to do.

The image will no longer be shown in the tooltip. If don't have a logo, nothing will be shown, but still 2 lines of text.

The second line of text could be anything: version, short description, system requirements, etc.

Do you still want columns? Or like above with 1 column, 2 items wide? Or even more wide if want.

Alternating background colors for categories like above?

Fancy boxes around selected items like above?

Throw out all your ideas or complaints. I want to wrap up v8 soon. I keep getting new ideas like this that push back the release date.

Wow, this looks amazing

Do you still want columns?

Reply: yes, is always a good idea to have a variable column size, for high resolution computers where more columns could be fit,

Alternating background colors for categories like above?

Reply: It looks sharp, great idea!

Additional Settings

"Software Installer" title, is that a source image, or a modifiable text field?

Hopefully the Installer Window will look as sharp as this one

great job!

Hi Mark,

wow, what a great look. That should definitely be the default skin IMHO.

A suggestion for the icon:

Please look for the icon automatically in the command path. Most of the time there will be an exe of the programm installer that will already have the right icon. Could you use that if no icon is specified ? (there should be a way to override the default)

Can´t wait for this to release ! :-)

I wish it was real easy to extract the image from the exe. Don't know how to do it in JavaScript (haven't looked yet). Kel and I have added a folder, Graphics/Logos, with some starter png images. This will be the default path. If this idea is desired, we will supply a large collection to get people started.

I have made the image into a theme; almost done. No fancy graphics yet. Just getting a feel and look for it in the real world.

One idea I did have was to have both styles: traditional compact list and new style. Selectable in Options Wizard -> Style tab. Can be switched on the fly.