Can't Remove Failed driver install

halhein

Well, no good deed goes unpunished :wacko: I setup a new computer for a friend (at my place). And of course, I didn't have the HP t45 connected when I ran the install program for the drivers and attendant software. Sooooo, the install program locks up the computer and I have to do a hard reboot. now when I try to install the drivers/software with the printer connected, it says there is a previous install. Yes I tried removing from "add remove programs" and running the uninstall.exe from the HP directory. message says "Uninstall is corrupt or missing". Does anyone know how to get rid of this HP #!@*. Sure could use some help.

Mahalo,

Hal

HP drivers, especially for printers, need to be uninstalled from the setup on the CD. Choose an element for installation, and, if it recognizes it is already installed, it will prompt you to uninstall.

This is an old t45 multi-function. There didn't seem to be separate options for the various functions, (as I recall) only a message to uninstall. I'll double check when I get over there.

If it is as I recall, suggestions??

It is a while since I personally have used anything HP but try taking a look at the following page, it may hold something that is relevant to your problem. 

http://www.out-of-wa...nd-reinstall-hp

And of course HP themselves at,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=60398&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&submit.y=5&submit.x=6〈=en&cc=uk

HTH 

Edited by lightning slinger

Thanks,

It's been 12 years since I touched anything HP. I was setting up a new computer for a friend. Somebody unloaded the turkey (hence the "t" in t45 <g>) on him. I'll give the links a try and report back.

Hal