Installing Applications not using Setupcomplete.cmd with Autounattend.

The batch file is suppose to run with "cmd /c" command? If I understand corectly the xml logic, I have to put the *.cmd iside the 'sources' folder and add :

cmd /c \loop.cmd
or can I just add
\loop.cmd
? It will recognize the '\' as the full path to the 'sources' folder. Am I correct?

tell me where on the dvd the file will be exactly then i can tell you, no your examples will not work

Doesn't matter. On the root of the dvd or in the 'sources' folder. Either way.

I added \loop.cmd as a synchronous command as '\' stands for the sources folder.

I added \loop.cmd as a synchronous command as '\' stands for the sources folder.

No \ cannot stand for that you would need full path. above cmd only returns drive root F:

%MEDIA%\sources\loop.cmd which means

F:\sources\loop.cmd

No \ cannot stand for that you would need full path. above cmd only returns drive root F:

%MEDIA%\sources\loop.cmd which means

F:\sources\loop.cmd

You don't understand. That's what I want to achieve.

You said I have to put the loop command that Mr Jinje posted (updated for Win 7)

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i
ECHO %MEDIA%

inside a batch file (loop.cmd). Thw whole purpose of the loop.cmd is to search for a drive that you want because you can determine that by adding AppsRoot.txt or as Mr Jinje's command, the drive that has a sources folder that contains install.wim.

It can be anything.

How could I add then : F:\sources\loop.cmd ?!?!? I've noticed the loop command has two lines and an Echo line-I know all about ECHO.

My goal is to be able for the xml to detect the media,( flash drive, etc) so it could call the synchronous command.

So what is the right syntax for running the loop.cmd batch file from within the xml? F:\ is not a constant drive so that's why I need the loop command, to search for \sources\install.wim or AppsRoot.txt and then run the apps batch installers from the Install folder on the dvd root.

My issue is with the 2nd line of the loop command (if that really is a 2nd line or a formatting error?!?!) "ECHO %MEDIA%". Is the command:

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i ECHO %MEDIA%

that can be added as it is in the Autounattend.xml !??!

OR

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\sources\install.wim set MEDIA=%%i
ECHO %MEDIA%

as two lines inside loop.cmd?

I hope I was pretty clear.

Thanks.

Edited by atolica

Didn't work

Isn't there a way to just enter the Audit mode via Autounattend.xml simmilar to running SHIFt+F10 , install all the apps FROM the DVD, and enter the oobe welcome page?

Nothing that I had tried works. I know there's a way, there is always a way.

Isn't there a way to just enter the Audit mode via Autounattend.xml simmilar to running SHIFt+F10 , install all the apps FROM the DVD, and enter the oobe welcome page?

Nothing that I had tried works. I know there's a way, there is always a way.

No 1 no

SHIFt+F10 Btw will bring up cmd prompt during an installation for those don't know

No 2 Yes

Simple, try my application Se7en_UA in the stickies up top. If you have the old WAIK on it will ask you to uninstall and then everything works better.

It will show you the way then you can modify that whatever way you want. I guarantee

trouble with it, ask ? there

oops, wait till i post Final release 621 later today

Edited by maxXPsoft

Ok, just downloaded your se7en_ua. Is there a way to replace %SystemDrive%\APPS from Appswitch.dat with the dvd path? I don't want the apps copied to the disk.

edit:error

ERROR : Invalid Parameter #9 : "C:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD"

Simple Usage :: ROBOCOPY source destination /MIR

source :: Source Directory (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).

destination :: Destination Dir (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).

/MIR :: Mirror a complete directory tree.

For more usage information run ROBOCOPY /?

**** /MIR can DELETE files as well as copy them !

Finished Copying VISTA CD... Please Wait

Attribing uaDVD Folder with attrib -R -H \uaDVD /S /D... Please Wait

File not found - C:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\*.*

Finished Attrib \uaDVD... Please Wait

Pause to see if ERROR. Copy Error and let me know

Ready to RESTART C:\Se7en_UA\Se7en_UA.exe

Press any key to continue . . .

plus

Runtime Error 5

Edited by atolica

@atolica

Se7en_UA use a RunOnceEx method. That means that the folder APPS is copied in your DVD and not on your computer HDD! You can see that when you make your installation (left pane of the image. In this case the script "%SystemDrive%\APPS" means DVD [or HDD if you have made a multiple copies of the folder APPS in your multiples partitions (C:\, F:\, H:\, etc...) to go faster.]

I hope that will help you.

Edited by myselfidem

Ok, just downloaded your se7en_ua. Is there a way to replace %SystemDrive%\APPS from Appswitch.dat with the dvd path? I don't want the apps copied to the disk.

as myseldiem said

%SystemDrive%\APPS is replaced completely in the Appswitch.dat by Se7en_UA program anywhere it finds the APPS folder, if it is on dvd then thats where it will use. Starting out that may be on any drive but it then copies to your dvd.

Look at my Link in my signature App Installer View, thats 1 harddrive location I have and my dvd. Runs much faster from HD.

On the error, delete the Se7en_UA.ini restart the Se7en_UA and it will create new. attach to my sticky so more can help in case i'm offline

EDIT: You must either copy your Win 7 dvd or the complete dvd from folder on your drive. I keep copies of all my dvd's like in D:\CD_DVD and copies much faster from there

Cannot copy an iso

Edited by maxXPsoft

@myselfidem

I tested the previous version I had on my drive, that actually WORKS and saw that now.

@maxxpsoft

Your latest version throws me these errors.

Simple Usage :: ROBOCOPY source destination /MIR

source :: Source Directory (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).

destination :: Destination Dir (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).

/MIR :: Mirror a complete directory tree.

For more usage information run ROBOCOPY /?

**** /MIR can DELETE files as well as copy them !

Finished Copying VISTA CD... Please Wait

Attribing uaDVD Folder with attrib -R -H \uaDVD /S /D... Please Wait

File not found - C:\Se7en_UA\uaDVD\*.*

Finished Attrib \uaDVD... Please Wait

Pause to see if ERROR. Copy Error and let me know

Ready to RESTART C:\Se7en_UA\Se7en_UA.exe

Press any key to continue . . .

Runtime Error 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's seems that you don't select the good source folder!

Have you select the source of your DVD folder location? Like C:\Vista\boot.mgr?

Take care to choose the good folder.

Regards.

Edited by myselfidem

How can you tell I didn't select the right sources folder?!?! Of course I did. The Windows 7 source files don't have to be in the se7en_ua folder, that's why I'm asked to select the bootmgr so the files can get copied.