STOP : 0x000000D1

Hudson-Manx

On one of my older crap machines I keep getting this STOP error, I have checked on M$ Support and cant seem to find a resolution for the problem.

I got this error first of all

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x3384254, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x33384254)

Now everytime I reboot I get a blue screen with a totally different error code. Any ideas far short of throwing out the machine!!

Hudson

Think the Reverand got it right, check your Ram.

Had the same error message along with others building my new machine with all new components. Could not even load WinXP.

Took me over a month to discover 1 of the three Ram modules was bad. After removing it everything worked fine and was able to load XP. All three memory sticks were brand new.

Brand new don't mean s***, I learned the hard way.

If you have more than 1 stick use one at a time until you can determine which is bad. Another way is to bring them to a shop and let them check em on a machine. Good luck, hope you get it fixed.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A process attempted to access pageable memory at a process internal request level (IRQL) that was too high. A process can access only objects that have priorities (IRQL) equal to or lower than its own. A device driver using improper addresses usually is the cause of this error.

check your ram as suggested or try to modify your pagefile size

I will try that this weekend and see if it makes a difference. The thread that Xperties posted was totally irrelevant to the stop error I have. My stop error is nothing to do with setup or clean installs, the machine boots fine but intermittently I gives a stop error. I think Reverend's post may be helpful, as I upgraded the memory in this particular machine about 2 months ago, since then it has had this error I think.

I will let you know how it goes.

Many thanks,

I will try that this weekend and see if it makes a difference. The thread that Xperties posted was totally irrelevant to the stop error I have. My stop error is nothing to do with setup or clean installs, the machine boots fine but intermittently I gives a stop error. I think Reverend's post may be helpful, as I upgraded the memory in this particular machine about 2 months ago, since then it has had this error I think.

I will let you know how it goes.

Many thanks, [/quote:bd2bf74783]

errrr....My post was made to give you other ideas and a [b:bd2bf74783]Link to MS stop error section[/b:bd2bf74783] so you could find more sulotions out if none were posted.

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL covers tons of areas and is not just dealing with RAM. Oh well your welcome if it didnt help

-Xperties

Zero

I received the "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" message attempting to load WinXP in a brand new machine that was clean.

Drivers were not the issue here. Never in my dreams did I suspect the memory, I learned a great deal in that unfortunate experience. Since I had three memory modules I figured even if one was bad the other two would have no problem running the machine, WRONG, took a month of of aggravation to solve.

You must think I'm stupid for not bringing somewhere to fix, well maybe I was, but I'm also very stubborn and welcome a challenge, but this one almost got the best of me.