KernelEx 4.5 Beta 1 not working with Firefox 3.5.7...

SMCorp

Okay, I just used the KernelEx final 2 with Firefox 3. It is the same as the last with 3.5.7:

Photoshop 5.0 works and I can scan.

I tested Firefox 3 by itself, and it seemed to be working fine and have my profile and all that.

I then opened Thunderbird and tried to click hyperlinks in various messages, no good, they don't link me to anything.

I then went through some folders, and clicked on various .html documents I have, no good, they won't open. I can click on a Wordpad file and open that, or click a .jpg and see it in ACDSee, but the computer is broken for .html file linking. In this regard, it is exactly the same as KernelEx 4.5 Beta 1.

The only difference I noticed this time, maybe I didn't acknowledge it the last time, is that when I first started FF 3, it said it was not my default browser and asked if I wanted it to be. I clicked yes, browsed, and restarted the PC.

I opened FF 3 again, and it asked me the same thing. That time I said yes, but I unchecked the box to ask every time.

Also, I was unable to click the dropdown history urls from this msfn forum, but that might be a forum problem.

So, suffice to say, this is a KernelEx problem, not a Firefox problem, other than that I am using FF 3 on an unsupported system (98SE). The KernelEx community needs to stop denying this problem. I have trebly confirmed it with multiple hard drives and various versions of Firefox from the oldest non-98 version (FF 3) to the newest non-98 version (3.5.7 and also 3.6).

Can someone let me know when this is fixed? I am using a browser that is a year old, and it crashes like crazy on all the junk code on CNN and all video and social networking sites. Thank you.

Tihiy, thanks for the reply.

The subject title here is wrong, KernelEx 4.5 Beta 1 was a total waste, and I did a clean install on a fresh drive with KernelEx 4.0 Final2. It had most of the same problems, and that is what this string describes.

What is the full name of the software version you are talking about and where do I get it?

Thanks.

I'm talking KernelEx 4 beta 2 which is about to be released. If you have problems with Thunderbird 2 / Firefox 2 not opening links, disable kernelex for them with compatibility tab.

Don't blame community; i just recently confirmed the problem (and the problem rise last year with some security update).