Inserting DELL Drivers into XP Boot disk - Having issues!

IIIIIIIIII

Hey Everyone -

I did some browsing around, but alot of the info Im reading is just confusing me as I am not sure if it applies to what I am doing or not so I figured its best to just ask. forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else!

I am trying to make a bootable .iso for XP home - which I successfully did, however the Dell Inspiron Im booting it onto has an SATA HD so I needed the drivers.

A friend suggested I use Nlite, and things were going smoothly, I got all the drivers, but when I went to select them I realized it was looking for .inf files, but I have .exe's

I extracted them, but it just made a huge mess... can anyone help me out? Here is the list of drivers I was installing

http://www.laptops-drivers.com/dell-laptop...ding-vista.html

@ IIIIIIIIII:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Which EXE file did you try to integrate? Where did you get it?

Regards

Fernando

Hey fernando!! Thanks!!

All of the drivers are .exe's and they are all from the site I posted the link to.

I guess I can create .inf's to autorun each of the drivers, but i think theyd have to be in the same DIR

Most important is to get the SATA driver booting when I start the windows install!!!!

Edited by IIIIIIIIII

There is no need to integrate all drivers. The only driver you have to integrate is the AHCI driver, because I suspect, that your SATA hdd is running in AHCI Mode.

Do you know the chipset and the Southbridge of your notebook?

The drivers you should need are listed in that article. However, they ship from dell as self-extracting .exe files - you can bypass Dell's installer by using a tool like WinRar or 7-zip to extract the files from the .exe itself, and then use those extracted files in nLite.

The drivers you should need are listed in that article. However, they ship from dell as self-extracting .exe files - you can bypass Dell's installer by using a tool like WinRar or 7-zip to extract the files from the .exe itself, and then use those extracted files in nLite.
I have tried to unzip the EXE file by using 7-zip, but that didn't work.

@ IIIIIIIIII:

It seems, that your notebook has an Intel Southbridge and the SATA hdd is connected to an Intel SATA AHCI Controller (maybe ICH7M or ICH8M).

If I am right, you will find the appropriate SATA driver and a guide regarding the integration within the first post of >this< thread.

Why not just run the self extractor ? :huh: (sure I'm missing something here)

Directory of C:\dell\drivers\Matrix

06/01/2010 00:33 <DIR> .

06/01/2010 00:33 <DIR> ..

06/01/2010 00:33 0 dir.txt

11/04/2007 01:36 11.352 iaahci.cat

06/04/2007 15:29 8.116 iaahci.inf

11/04/2007 01:41 11.156 iastor.cat

06/04/2007 15:31 7.678 iastor.inf

21/03/2007 12:58 304.920 iastor.sys

11/04/2007 15:26 11.321 license.txt

21/03/2007 12:09 45.465 readme.txt

21/03/2007 11:59 4.243 txtsetup.oem

06/09/2007 04:28 489 Version.txt

Title: Serial ATA: Intel Matrix Storage Manager - Notebooks Driver

Version : A00

OEM name : Intel

OEM Version: xp-vista_7.5.0.1017

Computers : Inspiron: 1525; Vostro Notebook: 1010; XPS: M1530

OSes : Windows Vista 32-bit Business,Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic,Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium,Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate,Windows XP Home Edition,Windows XP Media Center Edition,Windows XP Professional

Languages : English

Created : Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cluberti und Ponch may be right and the EXE files with the Dell drivers can be unzipped, but

1. these drivers are not easy to be downloaded (when I use the "Download" link at Dell's homepage, I just get the Dell Download Manager) and
  2. the Intel Matrix Storage Manager version offered by Dell is dated 12/12/2007 and obviously outdated.