Switchless / non-switchless installers

NtegrA

So, I want to add an updated installer to HFSLIP. However the creator has decided at some point between the version I have and the current one to change the switches required to be "silent". What would be the consequences if I were to change the switches for HFSVCPACK_SW2 (moving application from HFSVPACK)? Would I break anything? There's currently nothing in that folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose so, but I don't plan on incorporating switches for that. It's not the intent of HFSLIP to install everything under the sun. HFSLIP's intent is to install the OS only. You can create CMD/INF files and place them HFSVCPACK. Using that, you can do whatever post-install stuff you need to do. Those commands get parsed at T-13.

I do suppose however, that you can manually edit the setup files after hfslip is run. But you'll be on your own there.

Is there any way to add switches to specific applications that are inside HFGUIRUNONCE?

U can repack using 7z SFX module tool / WinRAR SFX or use RunOnceEx to add switch, depnding on how easy (My choice is WinRAR/RunonceEx) or how complicated (My choice is 7z SFX) the install method is.

Edited by Geej