USB problems in xp

Prof-x

Whenever i have a usb device connected to my pc it fails to boot into xp. It just stalls as the green loader is moving from left to right.

I just brought a new Logitech dual optical mouse and it wont work on usb, ps2 is find. I was fiddeling around and thought i would try my zip usb connection and again it stalled. Therefore i've come to the conclusion that my pc wont boot into xp when a usb device is connection.

Any suggestions, tips, resolutions?

Thanks in advance

Hi there, its a cord mouse, just the new dual optic one. I have a standard cherry keyboard.

It works fine with the drivers using the ps2 port. I have tried removing the drivers booting up with the old MS optical explorer mouse i had also using ps2 and putting the new mouse into the usb port whilst windows is running. It detects it, the mouse works but i reboot and the same crash problem.

However xp boots into safe mode using the new usb mouse connection.

Im not sure wat else i could do. Im a bit puzzeled.

Well I have both the wireless and optical mouse. They never would work with USB so I had to use them in the ps2 plug. I called logitech and they said they have had alot of promblems with XP and the USB connection. Recently my mouse died and now wont make a connection at all on the ps2 or USB. I would suggest it might be just the mouse.

Have you tried other things such as printer, joystick on USB?

-XPerties

Make sure you have got USB controller or onboard USB chip enabled in the Bios.

EDIT; apologies.I posted this at the same time as your follow up post so i never read that you stated you have usb function in safe mode.

So obviously usb is enabled in bios.[/color:179cd50977]

Actually running the same mouse as XPerties, but mine seems to function fine with USB, cant say the same for my sidewinder freestyle pro gamepad keeps crapping out, always boots fine but stops responding when using it and I get a usb hardware error????

Hope this helps.

Installing MouseWare version 9.3x or earlier into Windows XP is NOT supported. MouseWare version 9.4x or higher are the only versions supported under Windows XP.

Note: this update is NOT for iFeel Mouse users. Installing this release over the version of MouseWare that shipped with your iFeel mouse will cause problems with the iFeel functionality. Therefore, this release is NOT recommended if you are using an iFeel mouse.

Logitech Mouse Driver Update 9.42.1

Patch applies to: Any Logitech pointing device (English) except iFeel.

Requirements:

Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP

Logitech pointing device (mouse)

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/logimouse.html