How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt

what is the temperature when the fan runs at highest speed?

Until the glitch occurs it is all fine, under 50°C and when playing games under 60°C. But when it occurs and the usage of core 0 goes on 100% and the intterupts appear, the temperature seems to go higher. But it never was higher than 75-80°C even when used prime95. The fan is rolling on max, I took time yesterday and cleaner everything of dust properly, just to be sure.

When I turn everything down, the temperature goes down again, but it stops arround 55°C, which i'd say seems pretty normal like it was when the usage was normal as well, but the usage of core 0 never goes down to 3-4% of usage again until reboot. the temperature will.

I hope this is good enough.

Will glady try anything else or will go more into detail.

Edited by spotak2

try loading th default UEFI/BIOS settings. If nothing helps phone the ASUS support. I saw the same issue with ASUS laptops here several times, but we never found a real solution.

Well I don't think it will help, because it was doing right after format. It is kinda weird :) But when I first bought the NTBk it was fine... so I am afraid it mighr be coz of some hardware issue :/

I've seen this issue with this laptop before, but as I said we never found a solution.

I have called to the asus support today and it sounded like they had no clue what am I talking about :D I sent the specifics by email and they replyied that they dont know, and I should send my notebook in ... :D

I am afraid itwill be a fortune....

try to remove Power4Gear and any other ASUS tools. Does this help?

Well I don't wanna call it prematuraly BUT it seems uinstaling ATKEY asus tool worked :D

Don't know why, but I installed ot coz of Fn button and it never occured to me it might be cousing this :)

So far so good, if anything changes I will let you know but so far it works!!

Thank you Andre for your time, patience and good heart... and F You asus support :D

EDIT: Ok, so it is back even without the drivers... but it took it like an hour of playing to come back... so I am really confused now.

Edited by spotak2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello MagicAndre. If it's not too much to ask I would like for you to take a quick gander at my system interrupts thread over on corsair forums.

I have no where else to turn with this problem because Corsair has given no more support after their replacement USB dongle did not solve the problem.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116277

If I could just get your 2 cents on it I would be greatly appreciative and if there is anything else you need me to provide I would gladly do so. Thanks.

Hello MagicAndre

I have build up custom PC especially for learning electronic music creation. But after setup my rig, there was some annoying pops and crackles in sound. About month I'm trying to figure out how to solve this problem. I've made some research and tested my system with LatencyMon, dpclat, xperf, gpuz, read many topics and articles about DPC issues, but unfortunately most people who are struggling with this problem can't solve it. I have contacted to Native Instruments Support (my sound interface issuer), made some tweaks and advanced configs, but crackles in sound doesn't disappear. Then I've tried to disable devices one by one, and found that without display adapter, it works better but after several minutes, crackles was heard again. NI support team said that it is GPU issuer fault, and I must buy another one or try to change NVIDIA drivers. I have made clean install of updated NVIDIA drivers, several older version drivers but no results. My last chance is to buy another video card and along with item price I don't know will it work better or worse. Shortly, all I have left is some advices by experienced users and I really believe that every task has a solution.

Specs:
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X-58
CPU: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz LGA 1366
Video: EVGA GeForce GTS450 1GB SuperClocked
Memory: Kingston 6GB (KVR400X64C3A)
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM001) HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (ST3100528AS)
PSU: Corsair TX650W (CMPSU-650TX)
Sound Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6

Actions that I've made:
1. Updated all drivers that i have, including motherboard, graphics card, bios, device firmware and control panel
2. re-arranged system components for fixing IRQ conflicts
3. Disabled CPU TM Function and Intel® SpeedStep ™ Tech in BIOS
4. Disabled Power Savings for CPU, GPU (via EVGA PrecisionX) and USB components
5. Tried all of the usb ports for sound interface
6. Disabled one-by-one each device via Device Manager 7. Performed a Clean Boot
8. Switched from Windows XP SP3 from Windows 7 x86, and now it's Windows 7 x64 (x64 works better among them)
9. Updated .sys files with Windows6.1-KB2529073-x64 but in xperf and LatencyMon it shows older versions of USB drivers. When I go to system32 and watch the versions of files, they're up to date. I don't know why xperf and LatencyMon generates wrong data.
10. Changed Process Buffer and USB Buffer Size from Komplete Audio 6 Control Panel

If PC is turned on for several hours (sometimes it takes only several minutes) and I'm running as normal Mozilla Firefox (Youtube or Facebook), Gom Player or DAW after pops and crackles sound little by little slows, it's sounds like robotic scary voice. if i will change USB Buffer from 4ms to 2ms it will sound from robotic sound to normal, with rare occasions of noises. After, it will slow everything in my system, sometimes only way to make it work is reboot os. Mouse/Keyboard freezes, Typing/Deleting strings is slowed in text editor, sometimes i get BSODs, sometimes screen turns off and then renews with notifications from NVIDIA - "Display driver stopped respoding and has recovered". I think issue is GPU related, but not sure. Maybe you can figure out whats the culprit.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely

the trace shows a high CPU usage caused by USBPORT.SYS:

CPU 0 Usage, CPU 1 Usage, CPU 2 Usage, CPU 3 Usage, CPU 4 Usage, CPU 5 Usage, CPU 6 Usage, CPU 7 Usage,
usec %, usec %, usec %, usec %, usec %, usec %, usec %, usec %, Module

1085 0.00, 0 0.00, 829 0.00, 0 0.00, 925 0.00, 23614411 7.83, 562062 0.19, 0 0.00, USBPORT.SYS

To which USB port do you connect the Komplete Audio 6 WDM Audio device? Make sure no other USB devices are connected to the same controller.