Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues

MagicAndre1981

Hey Andre what is the exact trace command I should run to have a weird boot issue for you to possibly look at? Cold boots are > 10 min, every warm boot results in a readyboot plan and < 2 min starts with cache hitting yet only one trace ever is kept and following files never flush from this system after rolled into single current trace1.fx:

ecboot.avail

etlboot_1.dqpa

etlboot_1.dqpaf

ecboot.dqpafm

ecboot.dqpafmsg

ReadyBoot.etl.old

Trace1.fx

I can sit and refresh and watch each of the above files fill and grow in first 2 min after boot, the trace1.fx created and then nothing - no flushing of these other files and unlike EVERY other system, NEVER a 2nd trace not matter how many reboots.

For the life of me, I cant get a trace to troubleshoot must not be running right command and need help and cant ever get a cold boot using readyboot plan.

Thanks!

But this is the only WIN7 system I can find that doesn't flush them and create more than 1 trace. As far as the cold boot I guess what i'm asking is what xperf command line is best to grab a capture that maybe you could look at to tell me what's taking the most time and most disk io, etc on a cold boot?

Thanks!